That thing is HUGE! What's your largest receiver?B

My only "monster" receiver is a Sansui G-8700DB. I have a Realistic STR-2000D and a Kenwood KR-6600 which are both quite hefty, but not in the Sansui's league.

Attachments

• Sansui G-8700DB three-quarter.jpg
    Sansui G-8700DB three-quarter.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 29
is that the avr-5700??

I have the 3600 and she's 45lbs and doesn't fit in my audio rack very well. sounds good for a HT receiver

Nope, it was the original 5600.Got it at a price no one could have refused right after it came out.
I had to reinforce the shelf on my rack to avoid any surprises :)

Never had a particularly large receiver. Biggest amp I ever had was Crown PSA-2 @ 57 lbs. A relative light-weight among this bunch! I thought it was a tank though!

I'm going to have to say that the pig I have on my bench presently is without doubt the winner in my case.Huge doesn't even begin to describe it!
Rotel RX-1603. 23 5/8''w x 7''h x 18 7/8''d & 73lbs. For you metric geezers,that's 600w x 180h x 480d & 33kg's.

Pic from the net:

Rotel%2BRX-1603%2Btop.JPG
I`ve never seen one of those IRL....I bet it sounds good !

I`ve never seen one of those IRL....I bet it sounds good !

Belongs to a buddy. It runs through a pair of KEF 105/2's. I still regret selling him those,as they were probably one of KEF's finest efforts,and I really miss them.
Ah well,they went to a great home:) I like to bug him about that receiver having more knobs and buttons than his recording studio!

Mine is the only one I have ever seen. It's like a condensed version of their 965 pre and power amp. I don't have any pics with me but it is a very good looking unit and layed out very well.

View attachment 929376 View attachment 929379 View attachment 929380 Not sure if newer receivers are allowed in this thread, but thought I would share one of the last great sounding Uber receivers that's built like a tank, at 73lbs 18in long 17in wide 9in tall rated to 4ohms and a true 150wpc, it's definitely a back muscle puller as it did just that to my back when I foolishly thought I'd just pick it up right quick and move it to another rack (not smart). Anyway onkyo did a very good job with this one and extremely clean on the inside as well. Great looking receivers on here and lots of good listening, happy listening all :thumbsup:

Audiofreak71
Wow! Everything but the kitchen sink seems well packed in. Very nice. I like it.

Once owned the Pioneer SX-1980 that got me into AK. Dream component of the Silver Face Seventies. Big, heavy, impressive.

Back
Top Bottom