That thing is HUGE! What's your largest receiver?B

I think I missed this thread last year, hoo boy. I had no idea there were 22" wide receivers! That big Rotel (the 1603) is ridiculous. And cool. WOOT.

I have the Onkyo 8500MkII, SX-1250, SX-1280 and a Sansui G8000. As someone else said, my back is just killing me thinking about them. Performance wise, though I almost hate to say it, the top performer is the Onkyo, but only by a hair over the Pioneers and the Sansui. The "Big Onk" is a killer piece of audio. As I use it, it is an integrated amp because I never touch the AM/FM. They have all been rehabbed by AK gurus and sound sweet. I've put price stickers on them so after I die, my family will know what they are worth. I don't see any of my grandkids wanting any of my stuff, but they would sure be welcome to have it.

Just as a P.S. I have a Kenwood KR-8010 and a KR-8050 that are close to being monster. Both of them can sonically hold their own with my big babies.

I think I missed this thread last year, hoo boy. I had no idea there were 22" wide receivers! That big Rotel (the 1603) is ridiculous. And cool. WOOT.

My Yamaha CR-2040 is not the heaviest monster receiver at 46 pounds but it is 23" wide!

A few nights ago I was given a Boston Acoustics AVR-7100 receiver. Yea, the speakers company. Never knew that until that night. And I'll you...it's huge! 52 pounds I think. It's not the widest like my Wintec R-1120. But the BA is just a big big receiver in a HT way.
I hooked it up for a quick demo to see if it worked. The original owner said it has a humming issue.

My first vintage receiver (a Lafayette LR-1100) is pretty darn big. not especially tall or wide (is an inch or so over normal) but it is deep, I think about a foot and a half or so. Pics a bit later when I have more time.

My biggest was the G9K.
Not to worry still have the G8K!

index.php

My old Kenwood Model Eleven Super was a beast, as is my current Denon AVR3803, which dwarfs my newer Yamaha receiver, but the Denon has 2X the power (honest power, not blown up music power) of the Yamaha. The Kenwood was like 80 watts RMS per channel (probably very conservatively rated) and was about as good as it got in the day.

The Kenwood weighed about 50 lbs., the Denon about 45, the Yamaha about 25.

My first vintage receiver (a Lafayette LR-1100) is pretty darn big. not especially tall or wide (is an inch or so over normal) but it is deep, I think about a foot and a half or so. Pics a bit later when I have more time.
On second thought, and after seeing all these pictures... It's not that big. :)

Back
Top Bottom