that's why I called first dibs

with bryston amplification, and revealing IMF TLS50's, I stand a good chance at detecting any differences. :)

That's great bolly. I should have the thread open for signup later this evening.

Thanks for the enthusiasm and support.

I'd like to try some cables myself, I doubt I'll ever be able to afford those, but am curious if they will/do make a difference.

That's just the thing broham. These cables ARE affordable. Agreed, affordable can be a matter of scale, but most of the offerings for demo can be had for the cost of a few cd's. Small expenditure, for the 'big' picture.

Cheers,
Russ

RuSsMaN said:
That's great bolly. I should have the thread open for signup later this evening.

Thanks for the enthusiasm and support.

I thought there was a sign-up months ago. Is everything back at square one?

DanTana said:
I'd like to try some cables myself, I doubt I'll ever be able to afford those, but am curious if they will/do make a difference.

You came to the right place then. They are not all monsterously expensive. I couldn't see dropping a G note on a power cable, but I would listen to it if someone lent it to me! :) But there are some great deal around, and that is what we are gonna try to dig up here.

tentoze said:
I thought there was a sign-up months ago. Is everything back at square one?

Hardly, the old post was simply to determine if there was enough interest to start such a program. That was square one, we are almost 'there' as I type this. Just a few details, posts, etc - and signup / shipping will start in the next few hours.

RuSsMaN said:
Hardly, the old post was simply to determine if there was enough interest to start such a program. That was square one, we are almost 'there' as I type this. Just a few details, posts, etc - and signup / shipping will start in the next few hours.

Fair enough.

Russman, since this new forum appears to be your baby, might I ask if or when you're going to post some guidelines for usage? Say, what is and isn't allowed specifically here, how members are to treat one another's opinions, and the like?

- JP

It's Erik's forum, but I'm helping him get it going, and run the swap program.

We can have a 'rules' sticky if needed, basically treat it like the reviews and opinions forum, an individuals review / opinion is simply not up for debate. General discussion is encouraged also - but name calling, rhetoric, the usual babble will be 86'd in short order. If a good discussion is the order of the day, and a couple individual posts need to be 86'd - they will be, and the discussion can continue.

This will spread throughout AK in general, as far as gear bashing etc is concerned - and I've been guilty of it myself. Time for change, time to make AK the best it can be.

That being said, I don't want anyone to be afraid to post, just act like an adult, and everything will be fine.

Last edited:
What Russ said! :thmbsp:
I am really dedicated to this being a very fun, informative and different forum in keeping with the AK traditions of interesting discourse with no attitude. As cables, etc have always been a hot button item, we will sit on top of things maybe a little more closely then in some forums, but we do want people to share and discuss and learn. Hey, I really wanna learn!
Trolling will be as welcome here as anywhere else on AK! :D

Back
Top Bottom