The 64yo gentleman on American Idol

alexkerhead

To High For Infinity
I don't know if anyone watches American Idol here, but I watch it whenever there is nothing better on TV. On the LA auditions, a 64yo gentleman had a petition to audition and they let him.

I believe this is an example of pure class and being a genuine gentleman.

I loved the way he sang that song as well, one of my all time favorite songs sang right.

You can see his audition here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GslSWGL-LIQ

I agree with you Alex. For those who dont know or didnt watch, he dedicated it to his wife who had just passed away two days before his audition from breast cancer. She had him promise to persue his love of singing and it was him fullfilling that wish for her. Definately was a touching moment once you heard the background about it. It was cool of them to give him the chance to do that as their age restriction to audition supposively is cut off at 25.
-Tony

My wife (the wonderful Mrs.Fotno) got me hooked on watching American Idol a couple years back. She practically had to drag me in front of the TV set to make me "waste my time on that stupidity"...

I still can't say I care very much for most of the music that AI ends up producing, but I do enjoy the show. I think it's a hoot that some people can be 30 (and I think that 30 is the cut-off instead of 25) years old, and still not realize they're tone-deaf. It's also nice when a humble, decent person gets a chance to compete. I really appreciated this man's story and his love for his "lady". Very sweet story.

I saw just a snippet on countdown with keith olbermann.
I thought he was at least as good as the grayhaired clown who
won it a year or two ago. I like honest emotion, and I felt
like that guy was giving a heartfelt performance. Even Simon
didn't blast him. (Okay, I've commented on flippin American Idol.)
My life is officially without redeeming social value, and dedicated
to the prurient interests.)

Back
Top Bottom