The album that changed your life, Do you have one?

This one! Why, as the OP asked. Probably the 1st album, I seriously listened to. After that, my Album collection grew, and my gear got much better. I still listen to the album, due to the memories of my friend Greg, (RIP). We both shared the love for music.
styx 2.jpg

itwop.jpg

toour childrens.jpg
imageproxy.php

In The Wake of Poseidon King Crimson
To Our Childrens Childrens Children The Moody Blues

I'd never heard sounds like these before... and they both literally struck a chord inside of me that I've been dancing on ever since.
These albums led me into the 70s and all of the great music that followed.
The synthesizer/mellotron sound on these albums turned me on to Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons, and more....

Nice thread... thanks.

Last edited:
"California Bloodlines" - John Stewart circa 1969

It was one of the very first LPs I bought after getting my first stereo. It just blew me away, as I had never heard that kind of songwriting before. Over the 50 years since, I have always had a version of this record that I listen to every 6 months or so. I still am moved by it. From start to finish, it sounds like a masterpiece to me. In the 70s I attended many of his barroom concerts - he was a lot of fun. His death however, was painful to experience, as he tried in vein to continue performing well past his abilities.

The Lonesome Picker still rides for me.

Attachments

• calblood.jpg
    calblood.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 6
"California Bloodlines" - John Stewart circa 1969

It was one of the very first LPs I bought after getting my first stereo. It just blew me away, as I had never heard that kind of songwriting before. Over the 50 years since, I have always had a version of this record that I listen to every 6 months or so. I still am moved by it. From start to finish, it sounds like a masterpiece to me. In the 70s I attended many of his barroom concerts - he was a lot of fun. His death however, was painful to experience, as he tried in vein to continue performing well past his abilities.

The Lonesome Picker still rides for me.

I had never heard of John Stewart. I picked up this album, thanks to your post...
Wow! My favorite after two full listenings is “mother country”. Thanks!

I had never heard of John Stewart. I picked up this album, thanks to your post...
Wow! My favorite after two full listenings is “mother country”. Thanks!
I'm so surprised that anyone would get the album from a post! I'm happy you enjoyed it. Mother Country kind of gives me goose bumps, you know?

If you get the bug, try his second record called, "Willard".
Cheers!

Kiss Alive II ....Made a huge impression on this 9yr olds life....I remember opening that double album and seeing the stage and costumes at the forum....yes it changed my life! Still have that album in stock 41years later. It's one of my cherished possessions:rockon:

Supertramp’s Crime of the Century, and the 1st cut, “School “. High school friend had just bought a 2325, Dual 701 with a V15 Mklll, and 4 store brand tower speakers, good quality. I was a fan of radio, loved music, Beatles on a Magnavox console, but I had NO idea it could sound so good until that demo, 45 years ago.

If you know the song, as it was playing, I asked my friend, “where are those kids coming from”, then the first crescendo kicks in, wham, and that was it.... been hooked ever since.

Wound up buying his Marantz and Dual, as we both then ascended the audio gear spiral, Quad electrostatics for him, Dahlquist DQ10s for me, etc.

I’m not so much a gear-chaser anymore, but I truly believe that only a very few us us are born with both the love of music AND the appreciation of sound quality and audio recording/reproduction. Lots of folks love music, of course, but don’t really care what it sounds like, even if demonstrated to them. Only us weirdos!

Back
Top Bottom