'The Americans' on FX

prisoners

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I'm enjoying this..anyone else? Not quite as gripping as Homeland, but still pretty good.

Yep, we TIVO it every week but are about 3 week behind watching ...
We often catch up by watching 2 episodes at a time and roar by the commercials - kinda like watching that way!

Tonight we caught up nearly a month's worth of "Touch" Season 2 - 2 more to go and we'll be current with Touch!

I like the final episode a lot. They focused more on the personal stories rather than have a big blow out.
The confrontation with Stan was quite intense, and what Philip told him about Renee leaves thing up in the air for him, he can't exactly tell his boss about what happened in the parking garage.

I have been in love with this show for that past 6 years. It has been absolutely great. I almost cried when it was over this week.

I really liked the show as well, and I guess after some reflection the final episode was better than I initially thought, but it did leave a lot of loose ends. Maybe a sequel is in the works.

I really liked the show as well, and I guess after some reflection the final episode was better than I initially thought, but it did leave a lot of loose ends. Maybe a sequel is in the works.

I thought the same -- they left enough open that there could be a sequel of some kind.

I was initially disappointed in the last episode. There felt like there was no cathartic big bang, ie, nobody got killed or arrested, etc. I watched it again, and the second time, it felt perfect. The writers defied expectations of the genre, ie, precisely that people die, and instead gave us something that felt true to the show itself. The big money scene, of course, was Stan stopping the Jennings in the parking garage, and then Philip so expertly and honestly talking Stan into letting them go. I half-expected one of them to whip out a pistol and shoot Stan -- I'd laid odds on Paige, because she'd have been the one Stan would least suspect of pulling a gun. But I'm glad the writers did something else with that scene.

Back
Top Bottom