The Anti-Classic Rock Playlist

It's like Facebook. If you have any good memories the best thing to do is just leave them alone. The worst thing you can do is go looking for people on Facebook. Leave those people as you left them. Shifting gears - if you can catch a commercial FM station "between formats" (they're coming up to a planned format change) you sometimes can hear what the DJ's REALLY want to play. Classic example (it was in the Howard Stern movie Private Parts) was when WWWW in Detroit switched from rock to country.

For several days they set aside the hairband / Bon Jovi stuff and played nothing but amazing garage tunes from 1966 era. Then one morning on the weekend it was country. I called the station. The DJ laughed at my "concern" and said "Yeah, we're now Your Country Cousin". He was one of the rock guys - amused in the face of change. About 10 years ago there was a local format change and instead of 1966 garage there was a lot of Deep Cuts from the early 1970's.

Let me know if this is too political. It's a cool video. I used to work for GM in Flint so I'm kinda immune to all the drama.

Back
Top Bottom