The AU-X1 is, like, so hot right now.

OK. Tanties to one side, I donned my scuba gear and retrieved the X1 from the bottom of the harbour, got some counselling and tried again.

After frying a MJ21194 I realised I hadnt really inspected the resistors mounted on the heatsink block (R701-712), including the emitter resistors (R713-724). So the SM states that the smaller ones are meant to be 47ohms. Ummm, I am getting between 3-5ohms on all of them - I double checked with a meter & a component tester. I Also removed and tested all the emitter resistors - these were all OK except for one that is measuring 1meg-ohm!

So Im hoping this may explain my batshit crazy readings. Honestly I have gone over the boards at least 10 times and tested all the onboard resistors too, it all seems to check out otherwise.

So anyway, the SM states that R701-712 are meant to be 47ohm, but I swear that the colour coding is yellow-violet-brown (not yellow violet black), which to me reads 470ohm? Any thoughts on this?

Im otherwise feeling pretty stoked that I have found something that appears to be significantly wonky.....

Cheers!

OK, that sucks. At least having one emitter resistor super high could explain my issues, hopefully?

Otherwise - I'll shut up now.....

Last edited:
View attachment 1054772 How do you like them apples?
Tower of power.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom