The audio Gods smiled on me today.

WildWest

Well guys it was my turn I guess. Never have much time to devote looking for gear at the usual places but I do try to whip into the thrift stores in my travels weekly.

Goodwill never pans out anything but I thought, what the phuck. I'll shoot in for some LPs maybe. So I walk to the back where all this stuff is and what is staring me in the face sitting on top of a TV!? I had to rub my eyes and pinch myself to make sure I was in the real world. Sure enough I was.

There staring at me saying "take me home" was a pristine Sansui G-9000. Holy chit! This almost never happens to me! I quickly jumped accross the isle and grabbed it. Damn this bitch is heavy. Almost had to ask for a hand truck. KEWL there is the original manual taped to the top! Gotta luv that eh?

Anyway, this Sansui is very clean. One small scratch on the front but hardly worth mentioning. I looked on the Bay for one of these but couldn't find any. Whatcha think it's worth? Not that I plan on selling it soon but, ya never know. ;)

Last edited:
Well the lil woman took the digital camera out of town but here is a shot via my puter cam. Oh by the way, I had to shell out all of 60.00 bucks for this. Geeeeeee :naughty:

Awesome score ww !!!!

They can fetch from 250-500.00 easily depending on condition.

Kewl Grumpy! It's in real sweet shape cosmetically and I hope it all functions correctly. I cracked the top off and there sat that big ass whuppin torodial transformer. How sweet it is!!!
:yippy:

NO FAIR!!

That has got to rate as a super score! Especially after the recent comments concerning the G series.

Congrats WW, a G-9000 for 60 bucks- cant beat a deal like that!

Let Us know how the receiver performs after you have a chance to hook it up and play some music.

Regards, B/F 'Pure Power' :)

Well I hooked it up to some older 3 way Sansui speakers that I had in the shop and fed a CD source into the aux input. Turned it on and watched the protection light flash for its ususal few seconds. With a flip of a switch here and there the music flowed forth. So far so good. Have yet to test the phono inputs etc. but I expect everything to be in order. Hey does anyone know if there should be lights in the meters?

OH OH

No lights in the meters, WildWest that is an indication of major problems. Dump that receiver now!:eek:

Pack it up ship to me l'l even pay your $60 and shipping.;)
I know , l know how can you ever thank me.

What are buddies for.:D

On a more serious note l believe there are lights for the meters one per ( on my G-6000 and a former 7070 that was the case).

Wow Macc, you are always so "there" for people ya know? What a generous offer!! NOT!!!

I guess I will try to tear into it then. Where can a guy get those lamps?

Wow! Why can't I find deals like these! Are you going to actually use this receiver or keep it boxed up somewhere?

Naaaaaa, I am just going to box it up and store it in the dusty ole shed... Sansui junk anyway ya know?

LOL :lmao:

Actually I am not sure what I will do with it at this point. Likely it will become my new office machine and I will retire the Phillips labs pre and Marantz 240 amp to the shop shelves for now.
What I need to find is some ass whuppin speakers that can take the power of this brute. My JBL Lancer 66's in the office, while they are nice, can't take this force.

you lucky DAWG!

:D

60 bucks for a BIG DAWG receiver is pretty hard to beat.

These images below, taken from sansui.us shows it has lights on the meters:

G9000DB_00029.JPG

G9000DB_00039.JPG

Parts express or MCM ought to carry lights for these. I have no idea what kind of lights they are tho.

Chris

Last edited:
whooooeee! Thats got to qualify for being one the best receiver scores out of a thrift. What about some power hungry electrostats for that big puppy?

Your heart must have been pounding when you saw that!

Congrats:beerchug:

Jon

Last edited:
WW,

Wow! I am sooooo jealous. Does this mean your ST-70 upgrade is in any way in jeopardy? I hopeth not. :)

Awesome thrift score dude!

Rob

Thanks CK that's the lead I needed bud.

Yea Jon Tee... you are right. I almost wet my pants when I saw this sitting of all places on the Good Will shelf. They NEVER put chit like this out. It ALWAYS goes to their auction house for sale there. (or someone on the "inside" grabs it) I will have to keep my eyes open for a deal on some electrostats. That would be a sweet combo

NO WAY ROB. Sure this is a nice vintage receiver but there is no way it can compete sonically with what I plan on for the transformers of the Dyna. Solid state is fine and all. Lots of power here yea. But it is also old. Lots of heat fatigue etc. I have heard tubes and I have heard solid state. Tubes win by a long shot for me! But this baby will be one hell of an office piece!!

Last edited:
Whoooooo-heeeeeeeeee....Great score. However, I must warn you.The G series is known to light up a dark room with a very romantic Sansui-ish glow. So if ya can't handle all the luvin' you are sure to get....just send it to me, I'll even up Macc with 61 bucks..only 'cuz I'm a great guy and all :D

Time to start " bottom feedin' " !!

Wow, I've only combed the thrift stores a couple times for audio gear.

Part Deux...

I hate how close the return key is to the delete key on this machine!!:mad:

Anyhow, I was GOING to say that it's time to start hitting the ARC and Goodwill here in Denver a little harder! Probably will never find a deal as sweet as that one, but one never knows...

Congrats, dude!!

Back
Top Bottom