The Audiokarma Member of the Year for 2010

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
The election for the 2010 Member of the Year has been our biggest yet. The number of voters rivals our 2008 turnout, and the number of candidates put forth eclipses all our previous contests. Thank you all for taking the time to submit your choice for this prestigious honour.

Before I name the winner, I need to make you all aware of the fine individuals whose names were submitted by you, the many members of Audiokarma.
(in alphabetical order)

70salesguy
Arkay
Audiodon
Avionic
Big Tuna
catarafter
catman
dc270
dnewma04
dokblues
Dr. Audio
EchoWars
finnbow
Fisherdude
Grainger49
Hakaplan
jaymanaa
Jeffery
JohnVF
Kegger
Kevzep
Larryderouin
LBPete
Markthefixer
merrylander
mhardy6647
mholland
Mister Pig
Mr. Lin
Ms Grumpy
mulester7
onepixel
pfcs49
pmsummer
Professor Bizzt
pustelniakr
RayW
Redboy
Relaximus
RichPA
Rome
scuzzer
similost
SirByrd
sloober
spideyjack
Tarior
thedelihaus
Toasted Almond
Tom Bavis
Urizen
VintageTX
westend
Zilch

As well, all the admins’ names were submitted, though we are not eligible. We thank you for the support.

Some of those names have been present on every year’s list, including all the previous honourees. Some are relative newcomers. All of you have been commended for your contributions to the Audiokarma community. On behalf of all the membership and staff of Audiokarma, I wish to thank you all for helping make Audiokarma.org the community it is and the finest audio website on the internet.

Folks, I have tallied up the votes for all the nominees for our 2010 Member of the Year. The winner is:

Evan Flavell​
aka

Zilch

Alas, it is with great sadness that I declare Zilch our honouree, as this award is posthumous. Evan possessed a singular wit, unflinching character, strongly-held opinions, a passion for speaker design and the expertise to back it up. “More Data, Less Wank” wasn’t just a slogan; it was how he lived on Audiokarma. Many of us who may never build a pair of E-wave speakers read Zilch’s threads. He could converse at the highest technical level in one post, and, in the next, explain his point so that even I could understand. He taught me, and many others of his readers, a great deal about speakers. At the same time, his posts often provided ‘entertaining’ reading, much to the consternation of the moderation staff, me included. In spite of this, he led a community of DIYers whose work on the Indignia and the E-wave gained recognition and validation in the wider realm of speakerbuilding.

Zilch, may we always follow your example, and remain…

"In relentless pursuit of truth, enlightenment, and the AudioKarma way”

Evan Flavell aka Zilch, RIP

November 22, 1942 ~ February 4, 2011
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Audiokarma.org Member of the Year 2010​

Congratulations to you, Evan. Top notch, an excellent if somber choice, and justly deserved not just for the reason it is somber.

He left this earth a classy man. His friendly, knowledgeable, teaching manner an example everyone should aspire to, myself included. I just wish he were alive to enjoy his honor. A superb memoriam.

I am sad to say I never knew Evan. I hope he has gone to a place where the cabinets are big, the drivers efficient, and the O-scope flickers 24/7. I hope his designs are not forgotten but continue to guide future AK members safely down the path of speaker building.

Regards
Mister Pig

Oh, what do they say :scratch2:

Oh yah, I remember, "Better late than never"

Honestly, a fitting tribute to a man who helped many reach for their audio nirvana.

Back
Top Bottom