The Beast!

Yah the humm deal will be a challenge to knock down I'm sure, I see what you
mean about the post whorism your goin strong!

I was trying to track down some test points with no success then I thought if
I could use some RCA connectors it just might work, an it did very good actually.

Yes both that one and this V were both on the Bay, a friend bought this one
hoping it was an easy get up and running unit but it was far from that and so I
ended up with it as he bought a pair of Rogue mono blocks to power his panels. :)

Does anyone recalling anything more about this guy? This is one of the remaining pieces we still have from Keg and I'm trying to vet it better for sale? It has a couple 6CG7s stuck in it now and a lot of tape underneath.
Pics later today

looks like the tape under pics was used as a wire wrap sort of to move the wires out of the way. hair dryer shot if you want to remove but I wouldn't leave it on.

I would just pitch it as an amplifier project, with a Citation V chassis and output transformers,and a Dynaco ST-70 power transformer.It seems to have worked, so the transformers should be ok. The rectifier mod kind of messed up the chassis for restore.
Unless someone was in Kegger's head, it will need to be need to be redone from scratch, with a new plan.If I were gone tomorrow, there are no schematics laying around of my projects, you would have to comb my computer for them.

I have his computer and hope to find a schematic for it there.
But I agree, it may wind up selling for parts value.

You might talk to John Greenstreet from SMAC. He was working with Keg on that or the same style amp.

Ha! We chatted quite a bit last Saturday at the SMAC meeting, but not about that. I got a bunch of Keg's 6CG7s to test for him.

Well, I tested it yesterday and got no sound out of it with all tubes lit, so I'm setting on the shelf for a bit as I did get a couple working and will address those near term before I dig into this one.

I would guess it used a 5AR4 rectifier 12B4 preamp tube 6CG7 phase inverter and a 6L6gc output, as last posted, unless he changed it after.

The RCA's on the sides are bias points according to the thread, although I don't see where the inputs do come from.
Pin 2 or 7 of the 12B4 is the input.
There is added wiring to the pots since the first postings

Inputs are on the back and run up in black cords to the 12B4s along the sides.
I used the same setup to test 2 other amps so I know the input to the amp is good.

Back
Top Bottom