The Beatles ~ Love on DVDaudio

theWB

The Beatles
"Love"
Label: Apple

The music on this cd was put together and remixed by famed Beatles producer George Martin for a show that opend in June of 2006 at The Mirage in Las Vegas.There are a total of 26 tracks that blend seamlessly into each other reminescent of Pink Floyd albums. This album just takes me back down memory lane to the days of my youth when on Friday nights my friends and I would gather in the basement and listen to music all night.I've had the CD a couple of weeks and have probably listened to it 20 times.The strings on "Eleanor Rigby" really make the ML's sing. Harrison's tracks, "Something", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", and "Here Comes The Sun" speak to me like they never have before. "A Day In The Life" in a word OUTSTANDING. Many of the tracks have lead ins,intros and riffs from other Beatles songs for those of us who grew up with the Beatles they will be easily recognizable.This CD was very well done,it is hard to believe some of these songs/recordings are 40 years old.This is a must buy Album for anyone who was or is a Beatles fan. If you can't tell yet I LOVE THIS ALBUM.
ENJOY!
:guitar:

Attachments

• 1673445965.jpg
    1673445965.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 6
i purchased it at christmas time for myself on dvd-audio. sounds outstanding. love the ed sullivan intro also.

The down side - your system had better be well-matched or forget it. For the first time, my modest little HT let me down, all because of this disc.

I don't have the DVD-Audio, just the plain old ordinary CD, but I certainly agree that it sounds terrific. I have seen a lot of criticism of both the production and the sound, and I have seen a lot of raves about both the production and the sound. Put me on the RAVE side!

I really loved the "Love" dvd as well. It just whet my appetite for more Beatles 5.1.
I am curious; is The Yellow Submarine dvd in surround?

Happy third anniversary, thread!!

and only one page..........

I like this album a lot, when I recommended it to a friend, ( who is a beatle nut ), he screamed abuse at ME for having adulterated the original.

Only Beatles CD I own - It's a good one. I've listened to most of the original albums, and this one twirls my beannie the best.

I really loved the "Love" dvd as well. It just whet my appetite for more Beatles 5.1.
I am curious; is The Yellow Submarine dvd in surround?

Yes, I have the DVD of the movie and it is mixed in 5.1. It is just as impressive as LOVE, but you get full versions of Eleanor Rigby, Nowhere Man and others without the blending and remixing. A real treat is hearing Hey Bulldog in 5.1, one of my favorite obscure Beatles tunes. The orchestral soundtrack music is quite good also. :music:

My brother bought the deluxe package, and after I ripped the CD to my iPod and listened a few times I went back and stole the DVD-A. ( he didn't know what it was)
Denon player, Onkyo Receiver, Polk Speakers. Nice Nice nice.
Comparison to some of Pink Floyd's efforts is apt.
There are parts that just make your hair stand on end.
And lots of GEorge. I do like that.

And this thread keeps going. :D

That being said the DVD-A disc really blows the 2-ch version out of the water.

I have the video of it on our dvr and it's fantastic, I bought the vinyl album for myself and the DVD/Cd set for my son.

Just goes to show how good the original master tapes were.

Saw the show in Vegas just after Christmas and Get Back just blew me away. The whole set sounded so fresh, amazing that these songs were new more than 40 years ago! Show was pretty spectacular too. CD has been on constant rotation since

Back
Top Bottom