The best beer you ever had

ckelly

My best beer was when I did Torres del Paine, a national park in the deep south of chile. It was a grueling 2 week trek. When we got to the last camp (close to the entrance), there was a place that had BEER :D, I enjoyed that beer one hell of a lot, especiallyy after the 6 hour walk with about 50 lbs in my backpack.

That national park was torture but WELL WORTH IT :

Best beer I had, Cabo San Lucas. After a hard day at the pool, sat out on the deck and looked at the Pacific.

Sol, in the can 4% alcohol, bottle 6%.

Can anybody identify what movie this was in?

Taken right outside our time-share

W.Germany .. 1980-82

e14834_i5977_s4.jpg

Scenery was pleasant as well..:naughty:

Last edited:
Ask the likes of us what our favorite beer is and only get three replies in nearly twenty years? Does not compute.

Made right down the road in Macon, Ga.

fall-line-lager.jpg

Seasonal beer- Sam Adam's Octoberfest. Best all-round beer- Coors Banquet. Loved that stuff since I started drinking it out west when I was a young man in the military.

Many years ago when I was stationed at Fort Bliss, Texas I was introduced to the original Coors beer. That was in the days when Coors was only available in a few states. I can't say for sure why it tasted so much better than today's Coors but it sure did. Something about how it was processed or it's perishability may have been the reason we couldn't get it back East???? Maybe someone can shed some light on this.

Many years ago when I was stationed at Fort Bliss, Texas I was introduced to the original Coors beer. That was in the days when Coors was only available in a few states. I can't say for sure why it tasted so much better than today's Coors but it sure did. Something about how it was processed or it's perishability may have been the reason we couldn't get it back East???? Maybe someone can shed some light on this.
In the early 80's we started to get it here in NJ. Coors started distribution east of the Mississippi. As for the taste I can't tell you. I do remember being in NM at Kirtland AFB and drinking Coors out of the wide mouth quart bottles. That was the best.

For a bottled German Pils, myself and even a close friend agreed that Dortmunder Hansa earned very high marks.

Oddly, someone once reviewed this beer years ago, perhaps Michael Jackson, and said Dortmunder Hansa was the worst of the 3 Dortmund Breweries, the others were I believe DAB (Actien Brewery) and the Union Brewery. Then it was gone. And DAB today really isn't like it used to be either. Commercialization I reckon.

Many years later, it (Hansa) popped up, but in 16oz bottles instead of 12oz. It was nasty. Was of course not the original.

Too many others to list, local, or foreign. I refer to tap beer as a whole nother category.

I believe it's gotten a good bit harder to navigate what beers are truly good-authentic beers today, or some swill like a Candian Made Guinness, or Fosters-etc.

I never really considered beers like Sapporo, Kirin, Asahi, Tsing Tao to be world class beers, but man, they're all practically undrinkable at current day IMO.

Distribution in USA also varies a good deal from state to state.

Many Tap Beers have come and gone. There's one that some friends and I fondly remember, was Tuborg.
(Of course they've made various brews in their history)

Sure went down easy, smooth, tasty, was impossible to find any fault.

Last edited:
My ancestors came from a place where they don't have beer, so I drink booze or wine if I drink anything alcoholic at all.

Back
Top Bottom