The Best FM radio in the Nation- vote for your region

The Nation's greatest FM broadcasting- what region?

• Total voters
Radio in my area bites. (Springfield MA - Hartford CT). I think I use my tuner maybe three times a year.
My favorite radio was back in the '80s. I had access to both Buffalo and Toronto. FM heaven!

Radio in my area bites. (Springfield MA - Hartford CT). I think I use my tuner maybe three times a year.
My favorite radio was back in the '80s. I had access to both Buffalo and Toronto. FM heaven!

We're practically neighbors. I agree there is a lot of crap, but I don't think it's all bad. The River 93.9 is good with spaced out jams on Tues night and funky Fridays. We get NPR on 88.5, the smooth jazz station is sometimes cool 106.3?, The Whale 102.9 is good for classic rock. I can also pick up WPLR 99.1for classic rock. I don't know your tastes or what you pick up, but it could be a lot worse,. Just ask someone who lives out in the boonies of the Midwest.

In seattle my radio almost never left 99.1 "The Rock" Great music, great DJ's. Now here in Okinawa we have one FM station its the "Armed Forces Network" Top 40 all the time, ugh! :thumbsdn:
Too bad. Iirc AFN Frankfurt was pretty good mid-late 1980s.

I see a lot of love for NPR radio, a resource that should get as much support for quality non commercial programming as possible. But, alas, powers that be have other priorities.

Hard to imagine a selection of FM stations better than in the San Francisco Bay Area! We've got two very different NPR stations, a Pacifica station, college stations from Cal Berkeley, Stanford, University of Santa Cruz, San Jose State, and SF State, a few Jr college stations (KFJC and KPOO are GREAT!), listener sponsored Classical, Jazz and Big Band stations.

Have to agree with SIMI that DC area sucks. A couple of good NPR stations (one is only bluegrass), two classical stations, and one classic rock. All the rest is s**t. No good jazz, no new age, no college rock. Haven't lived in Chicago for many decades but fondly remember the stations there. Anyone remember "The Fox"?

Back
Top Bottom