The Best Sounding 5 or 6 Tray CD Player!!

Don't CD players come with DACs?

I'd say get any multi-disc player you like that has a digital out and use the DAC you find the most musical to your ears. That's what I do and its great. :music:

I thought CD players/changers came with built-in DACs. What am I not understanding here?

I'm ready for you all to ENLIGHTEN me. Thanks.

Hal

Most CD changers have a built-in DAC and you can use the analog outputs or the digital out, if one is provided, bypassing the built-in setup. Some people use the digital out to another (better) DAC or to a home theater receiver.

I've had an Onkyo DXC-340 6-disc changer since 1998 and still going strong. Analog out only though. Pretty sure they can be had for around $20-30 now.

Love the Denon DCM 560. I have a few Sony ES models, and I think the Denon blows them away soundwise, although the construction isn't as solid (noisy trays during movement, but not while playing). It's just got sweet, but not harsh, upper-end clarity, but with balls, as well. If you can get a 360, 460, or 56had0 (I have all three), grab it! The Sonys I find have a quality sohadund, but, IMHO, lack the personality of the Denons, which are just more exciting to listen to.[/QUOT
this is me 8 months ago. since then I decided to test and c compare around 10 of the units I had on hand to make sure I was using the best. (I buy and sell stuff, that's why I had so many.) The winner was a Sony CA70ES for overall balance and balls. Of course, a lot depends on the system you are matching with. Some components have the ability to sound good with just about anything and I think this Sony is one. Right now I am really digging a Denon DCD 1420 single deck, and I'm thinking singles have better sound, but I have it matched with a Denon DRA825RA receiver, which is the best sounding I've had and the match is super.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom