The earth has been shaking almost non-stop since 4:30 am!

As we say here, never is there bad weather, just piss poor clothing options. That might not hold true in the searing heat however!

As long as you don't start to see lava you'll be OK. Also watch out for 50-ft. tsunamis. But other than that you'll be fine. Unless you live on saturated sandy soil that liquefies. But other than that... :biggrin:
I'm about 120 feet above the tidewater here, so if the big wave does come I should be ok.. And who knows, if it does maybe my ship will come in with it!
As for soil, we have clay here which when wet can also have weirdness when shaken. I think my place is sitting on solid ground tho.. at least I hope so!

Yeah but what about the space aliens and monsters frozen into the ice that always get thawed out in the movies? What do you do about THOSE?

Well it looks like it is winding down. Felt a short one about a half hour ago, just for a few seconds.. Hopefully it will now get back to being the stable ground we all know it to be!

As long as you don't start to see lava you'll be OK. Also watch out for 50-ft. tsunamis. But other than that you'll be fine. Unless you live on saturated sandy soil that liquefies. But other than that... :biggrin:

That's the Burning Ring of Fire. It's always accompanied by trumpets.

Reckon they're fracking the Klondike up there?

Somebody REALLY wanted a Klondike bar!

Ah man... I opened up this thread thinking "That lucky Alobar is getting some, and he's bragging". That 4:30 am stuff stopped in my marriage long ago.

Do you have any Carole King ... "Earth move under my feet"
A little Elvis maybe- shake rattle & roll
AC/DC - Shook me all night long
Rolling stones - Gimme Shelter

While I didn't strap my stereo to the wall I did my flat panel tv. Too topsy turvy on the entertainment shelf and I don't trust the ground here in California.

The aftershocks from this mornings quakes now number in the hundreds, the last one over 3.5 was a little over an hour ago at 4.0. They are expecting these to continue for the next few days. .

Back
Top Bottom