The elegant tank of Her Royal Highness!

That's definitely fit for a Queen! Now, if they were smart, she would be driven in a custom Mercedes Benz limousine, being in Germany! Right? :D

A Maybach (Mercedes Benz) 62 perhaps? But it should be a bullet proof one! This Maybach is bigger than the Bentley of the Queen!

Attachments

• Mercedes_Maybach_57_and_62.jpg
    Mercedes_Maybach_57_and_62.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
... I DO think her car is better looking than "The Tank" that Obama rides around in. The last halfway decent looking car WE had was, unfortunately, the Lincoln JFK was shot in. It, at least, LOOKED like a car...

She only one time shed tears in public - when she had to say good bye to her beloved "Britannia". The ship became too costly. I know that she is a billionaire, so why she did not preserve it from shut-down by her own means?

Sorry guys, the bar against 'political' topics means any kind of politics, not just U.S. Please avoid going there.

She only one time shed tears in public - when she had to say good bye to her beloved "Britannia". The ship became too costly. I know that she is a billionaire, so why she did not preserve it from shut-down by her own means?

But she is only the custodian of much of that wealth, as for Britannia, she was too old to keep going. When it gets to the stage that replacement parts have to be made 'by hand' as a special order - it's too expensive.

Someone I consider a friend has a '37 Mulliner P-III Sedanca deVille. Tapatalk won't let me post a pic.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Here you go, Pio! A 1937 Rolls Royce Phantom III Sedanca Deville. I agree with you, classic Royal Rolls! :thmbsp:

1063625__1937-rolls-royce-sedanca-deville_p.jpg

If I was going on a long road trip, then I would drive that Bentley in a heartbeat.
Not for city commuting. The fuel costs would be staggering.

Steve, Diana died in a Mercedes Benz W 140 (S-Klasse series) in 1997. The Maybach 57/62 (internally called W 240) were built from 2002 on.

Attachments

• Suesse_Fotos_von_Prinz_George_veroeffentlicht-Royal_Cuteness-Story-431266_630x356px_1_otH34qWmew.jpg
    Suesse_Fotos_von_Prinz_George_veroeffentlicht-Royal_Cuteness-Story-431266_630x356px_1_otH34qWmew.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
Very high end automobiles are wonderful to look at and to drive (Thank goodness for Top Gear UK), but I'd not want to own one unless I was obscenely rich. You need a ridiculous amount of money to maintain them and to keep them in top condition. Just keeping my Audi A8 on the road is expensive enough. I can't imagine the cost of maintaining a high end Bentley.

If I did have that kind of disposable wealth, I'd opt for the Bugatti Veyron. At $1,500,000.00 out the door, it may be the most expensive new car in the world, but why not go for a W-16 engine that generates over 1,000 horsepower as long as you are throwing your money down the road?

2009_bugatti_veyron-164_coupe_base_fq_oem_3_300.jpg

Dream over. Back to reality.

Last edited:
That Rolls looks like Goldfinger's car..

Iirc it was, but the Goldfinger P-III is a '37 Barker bodied Sedanca deVille. My friend's is a '37 Mulliner SdV, he can be seen with the car in a youtube movie, "Rolls Royce - In Persuit of Excellence", interviewed ca 23 minuits in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom