The Ex's New System...

cube-tube

One of my brothers and I went over to my ex-girlfriend's place today to help her set up her new stereo system.

I'm actually quite proud of her. She researched on her own and decided on a brand new pair of Elac B6 speakers. To round out the system, I gave her my Luxman PD277 turntable with Linn K5 cart, Belarc Pure AV power conditioner, some old 24" speaker stands and my old pair of Polk PSW505 subs. My brother sold her a nearly brand new Yamaha HT receiver real cheap. The receiver will hold her over until she can buy herself a PS Audio Sprout.

Anywho, the system sounds pretty darn good, and most important, she's very happy and thrilled about it. She said she got spoiled with all of my systems around for the past 8+ years, and she couldn't handle the little soundbar any longer. LOL She now understands why I spend money on good sound.

A few pics...

p2822243371-5.jpg

p2822243372-5.jpg

p2822243389-5.jpg

I take it the break-up wasn't acrimonious?

Not at all. It was all very civil. Of course, there were a lot of tears on her end, but other than that, not so much. We always agreed to remain friends. 8+ years you can't really just toss out the window.

Ok Thanx now get the Hell Out! :rflmao::rflmao::rflmao::rflmao::rflmao::rflmao: :whip: Im just joking it sounds like you guys have class its nice to see people get along. That set up looks pretty sweet I bet she will cook! :thumbsup:

LOL! Actually, it was my call both times to leave. Just that this last time, it was final. It's all good though. She's doing fine, I'm doing fine, we all get along fine (my brothers and parents), just living separate lives now. That little system sounds pretty amazing, and we had just fired those Elac speakers up for the first time. And yes, she has already offered for all of us to come over for dinner.

Oh, and get this... Part of the "research" she was doing?... Was breaking these Elac's in for a while, and if she likes them enough, send them to Danny Richie of GR-Research and have him mod them and upgrade the crossovers in them! Damn, she really did learn a few things from me over the years! She obviously found that big Elac B6 thread over on AudioCircle in Danny's forum section.

Great looking system and it is great when there is civility. Also, spoiling people on good sound is fun, and better when they learn to appreciate it.

Nice!. The PS Audio Sprout would be a sweet uncomplicated and attractive replacement to the AVR. I'd as well, be please with a system of tis calibre myself.

Back
Top Bottom