The Fisher 201

willhowl

Howdy,all.....Happy Holidays..........I found this little gem at a Thrift Shop a few weeks ago. Price was ridiculously low, esp. considering it's condition..........the pix ain't great, but ........yes, it is missing one aluminum knob cover....far right

This little dude works perfectly....maybe a Stereo light is out...I haven't spent a whole lot of time with it yet........

I kinda blew it on the setup...pairing it with a JBL 10" 100W sub, and KLH Model 32 (8" woofs and the usual KLH Tweet).

The JBL/KLH combo sounds great, but I feel that it masks the true flavor of the Fisher....I shoudda done the KLHs straight into the receiver.........

Oh well......another project.....

This thing is PRETTY.....and SOLID........ very good build quality........First run of "The Fisher" built offshore in 1970-71, by Hitachi, I understand.......

I feel lucky to have found this somewhat rare piece...esp. in this condition...................willhowl:thmbsp:

note to self... post #751

Attachments

• P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 149
  • P1010013.jpg
    P1010013.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 96
  • P1010014.jpg
    P1010014.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
The Fisher 201 Futura Series

OK......I left off the Futura.....

I got inspired, went back and eliminated the JBL Sub......straight into the KLH Model 32......source......Magnavox 482 CD player

VERY nice...........John Klemmer..Touch........Al Stewart.... Year of the Cat..........very smooth, and it's all there.....

This thing puts out a very satisfying bass...another 70's design where 20 WPC RMS acts like MORE..........the KLH are not known for efficiency, either.....

Keep thine eyes open........willhowl:thmbsp:

Great score. I picked up one of these at a G-sale over Labor Day. Actually it sounds good w/ a sub as long as you're just using it to fill in the bottom a little. Mine is in the kitchen system & is pushing a pair of Mini Advents which don't have a lot of bass on their own. If I could fit a pair of speakers there that had 6-1/2 to 8" woofs the sub probably wouldn't be needed. There is something special about the sound of this Fisher model though, isn't there?

Ben

I have the 202 from this series and I like it a lot. I need to get a set of speakers for it though. Any recommendations?

Ooops......

Howdy, jabbo5150.....(EVH,perhaps?.......)

Sorry for the delay on answering your speaker query (PM coming).....

This receiver, although rated at (only) about 20WPC RMS, has some cojones.........so....

A 10" woofer setup, or even an efficient 12" would work well, in my opinion.....

Other than that, There are so many options......well, I dunno......Just try it out with a few things.......

I think this unit IS a capable, solid little dude........

Hope this helps?:scratch2::yes::no:......willhowl

I had a 200 from that series and really liked how it was voiced.
I knew an ebay flipper who used to cut pieces out of dead items. That bulb for the stereo light is a fairly standard bulb of the time. I bet if you put a search on ebay you could find both the bulb and a knob. Have patience. These are very cool pieces.

Howdy, jabbo5150.....(EVH,perhaps?.......)

Sorry for the delay on answering your speaker query (PM coming).....

This receiver, although rated at (only) about 20WPC RMS, has some cojones.........so....

A 10" woofer setup, or even an efficient 12" would work well, in my opinion.....

Other than that, There are so many options......well, I dunno......Just try it out with a few things.......

I think this unit IS a capable, solid little dude........

Hope this helps?:scratch2::yes::no:......willhowl

Nah, not EVH - just a fan. I don't really have much experience at all in picking speakers and knowing what's good, what isn't, etc.

Back
Top Bottom