The Fisher 85

Drugolf

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Well here is one I have not seen before nor can I find much of anything on it in my initial internet search. The Fisher 85 stereo with Garrard 50 turntable combo. A friend found it so I have to get it cleaned up and see what we have. I have not even plugged it in yet. Stay tuned. Shes a cute little Fisher for sure.0914171443_resized.jpg 0914171443a_resized.jpg 0914171443b_resized.jpg 0914171443c_resized.jpg

I have a 1966 Fisher brochure that show this model came in standard and deluxe package either model 8 speakers or model 10 speakers They called it 35 watts, also had model 95 that had tuner with same choice of speakers

Found more. Cost of model 85 with model 8 speakers was $269.50 add $30.00 for model 10 speakers Model 95 cost $100.00 more

If it has 35144 or a similar # on the output's they are germanium. Be very careful with them.

I was doing some research on this amplifier/turn table. My dad bought one when he was in the army and now I have it. It works but I need some speakers for it.

What kind of places fix these things?

Well here is one I have not seen before nor can I find much of anything on it in my initial internet search. The Fisher 85 stereo with Garrard 50 turntable combo. A friend found it so I have to get it cleaned up and see what we have. I have not even plugged it in yet. Stay tuned. Shes a cute little Fisher for sure.View attachment 1005049 View attachment 1005050 View attachment 1005052 View attachment 1005054
I know this thread is old but I just acquired the 95 which is the same as this with the fm tuner attached. It's not working and I was wondering what your experience with yours was?

I know this thread is old but I just acquired the 95 which is the same as this with the fm tuner attached. It's not working and I was wondering what your experience with yours was?

I have not done anything with it yet. Sorry.

I have not done anything with it yet. Sorry.
Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to find some info on replacement power transistors. I have a service manual coming next week. Information on these units are hard to come by. If you need any schematics. Let me know.

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to find some info on replacement power transistors. I have a service manual coming next week. Information on these units are hard to come by. If you need any schematics. Let me know.

Thanks. Yes, I recall not finding much.

Thanks. Yes, I recall not finding much.
Your welcome, no there isn't anything out there on these. I only bought it because my Dad bought one new in 1966 or 67 and I grew up with it. Lots of memories. I'm into the tube stuff, but I guess it's time to learn how to work on these. I'm having hell finding power transistors.

I picked up a Fisher 125 in early 2020 online w/o speakers, and then in the fall, a Fisher 50 all-in-one with speakers at an estate sale for $30--I figure the knobs alone were worth that. Have not done anything with them. Also have a cool Altec 912 I got from an AK'er, and Sony HP 610A with a Dual 1010 TT from goodwill. They were all pretty cheap (except the Altec, but I have a big Altec gear collection so it was a must-have item). They're in the "will get around to someday" shelf in storage. I have a soft spot for these less-than-audiophile pieces...

Attachments

• Altec 912 all in one.jpg
    Altec 912 all in one.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Front 1.jpg
    Front 1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 4
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 5
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg