The Fisher Phono Preamp, and RIAA

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by dcgillespie, Jun 25, 2014.

1. tcdriver

tcdriver AK Subscriber Subscriber

+/- 1dB is pretty good. :thumbsup:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. gadget73

gadget73 junk junkie Subscriber

yeah, nothing to really worry about. The accuracy of the invert circuit also plays into the measurement but I doubt you'd hear +/- 1 db deviation from ideal.

3. liemjerry

liemjerry Active Member

hello I am newbie

I plan to buy a phono stage pre amp but, I am appreciate with this Fisher CC-3000 Pre amp that have 3 phono inputs including setting of resistance, if comparing with common phono stage pre amp, does this Fisher CC-3000 can beat that? Please give me suggestion and information also comparison.
    Thank you

4. thornev

thornev Well-Known Member

liem - What's wrong with the Fisher? We can't tell you what to get if you don't tell us what's missing from the Fisher.

5. liemjerry

liemjerry Active Member

No I mean, how good is the phono section of Fisher CC 3000 if comparing with common phono stage pre amp like Pro-Ject, etc...

6. thornev

thornev Well-Known Member

Pro-Ject makes several preamps. Which one do you want to compare to?

Please register to disable this ad.

7. liemjerry

liemjerry Active Member

I mean If this Fisher CC3000 compare with NAD Pp14 or Musical Fidelity VLPS or Pro-ject Phono Mini, is there any big difference in sound quality?
    Using Fisher CC3000 as just phono pre amp, is that will produce quite clean and clarity sound from turntable?
    Assumed that turntable in perfect condition
    Thank you

8. dannyr

dannyr Active Member

only one way to find out is to a/b em. with a highish output cart and the right capacitence cable etc the fisher should do pretty good. My fav with my fishers is a goldring 1042 that outputs 6.5mv.

9. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

liemjerry; Try this search and you'll get quite a few links on AK regarding the SQ on the CC-3000. IT's a SANYO/FISHER from the 80's/90's and not too many guys here in this forum would have heard of it. But it's part of the "family" so we'll try to help as much as we can. Google this.......... fisher cc-3000 preamplifier site:audiokarma.org