The Fisher SA-300

Stephen J

Suum Cuique
Probably the hardest piece to sell that I ever owned. I did a search in this forum,and nothing came up.Soooo, I figured I'd post pics for posterity sake !
:D

Attachments

• GEDC0020b.jpg
    GEDC0020b.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 149
  • GEDC0017d.jpg
    GEDC0017d.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 102
  • GEDC0018b.jpg
    GEDC0018b.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 107
Very nice!

I posted pictures of my beat up SA-300 here.

I sure hope it sounds great as it's nothing to look at (anymore).

I feel like my X-1000 integrated is a descendant of that SA-300 amp.
6CA7/EL34 outputs, huge iron (laid on its side comparatively) and outstanding sonics.
Does that have a or a pair of 12AU7s aside from the AX7s?

SS rectifiers in the X-1000 though. It's a '61 model.

Last edited:
Why'd they use two 5AR4s? I can see that for higher-powered stuff (the Scott LK-150 with 6550 outputs comes to mind), but one would seem sufficient for an EL34 amp.

AK member modegard has the most beautiful Fisher SA-300 I've ever seen. Like it was built yesterday...

attachment.php

That is one janky amp. Awesome. (mine's bad, too but not anywhere near as bad as that! It works so I'm just happy to have one, too).

Rex: YOU'VE GOT to name that "UGLY BETTY"!!! (Make some Nose Art, even)

I about blew my dinner across the monitor when I saw modegards and your's together!

Larry

How in the world did it manage to lose the strain relief on the power cord???

ACE Hardware has those in the electrical section, BTW.

Great comments and thoughts guys! The more I look at it the more I kinda dig the "Ugly"! Maybe I'll just leave it like this as a "conversation piece" :D

Nate, I just got this amp along with the FM-200B and the 400CX2 last Sunday. I was told the damage happened in shipping and that it all worked before said shipping.

You can see it all here

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=326742

So, :scratch2: , what do you all think, leave it "as is" and get it singing or try to get it some what "right" looking?

I think it has named itself. It looks like it wants to be called "The Fish".

How bout "Fish Out of Water".

I thought about selling mine for a second once, needed to pay bills and drink beer. I listened to music and drank beer.

That challenged SA-300 reminded me of this Scott LK-150 ad:

I am selling a very rare vintage classic power amplifier from Scott H.H. , the LK-150. I have this almost 20 years. It was in excellent condition until it was damaged by my father's bullet. What's a pity!! The unit is working fine and comes with either chinese or Russia made output tubes.

----

:scratch2:

Cheers

Lar

Attachments

• Scott 150.jpg
    Scott 150.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom