The Foster 10F3

nick parkin

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Greetings!

As most of you all know, im a big fan of the coral holey baskets. (I got 5 pairs now). I decided to pull the trigger and buy a pair of the original coral holey baskets, the Foster 10F3 which was 30 USD plus shipping.

Wow these things are great. I currently have them in some old Sony speaker boxes from a tc 500a reel to reel recorder, with the back removed, so they are essentially open baffle. Im using some old Yamaha 100wpc amplifier and wowza, these sound really nice. Very smooth midrange as all the corals have. The foster 10f3 is a little more sensitive than the Sony coral holey baskets, but they sound almost as good as the corals but not quite. the bass on the corals has more detail and really comes through better than any speaker ive heard, and they just have a quality of sound that is hard to match.

Nevertheless if you find a Foster 10F3, I highly recommend you try it, they sound really nice!

IMG_9827.JPG

You may be a big fan of those drivers, but not the biggest fan. There is another AKer who built mini line arrays with them. ;)

I'm tempted to find a pair just to hear how they soun.
That was me lol. I’ll let you know if any pairs are on eBay. I just bought another one yesterday for $70 shipped Which is a great deal . I would recommend getting two pairs and building some BD pipes Which another AK er did (and I’m going to do) soon.

You can also find them in Sony TC500a reel to reels.

Back
Top Bottom