The G22000 came back, but not to my collection.

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by kevzep, May 8, 2018.

1. kevzep

kevzep Its all about the Music Subscriber

I'd say the rate is would be what you're happy with.......I bought my one for $1100US in 2011.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Willy6

Willy6 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I picked this one up a few years back for $1200 US I had to drive 300 miles one way to get it and the guy I got it from said it wouldn't power up!he said it was his dad's who passed away and he tried to turn it on but it wouldn't come out of protection so i get it home turned it on and it powered up after a minute or so I guess he didn't wait long enough for it to fully load up the power supply?

3. kevzep

Oh, it will have an issue, no doubt about it, the protection circuits as you have seen in my thread here, are a but trigger happy, they are running on a knife edge...
    Should take about 6-10sec to come off protection.

4. Willy6

I'm working the night shift right now but when I get home I'll time it to see how long it takes to come out of protection and report back to ya.

5. kevzep

Yeah I'll be interested to see. That circuit relies on the voltages being spot on to work properly, once I got the relay trigger voltage right on this one, I then had to change the time constant cap as it was taking about 13 sec to come on, and that too long and not necessary everything stabilises in the first 3-4sec, so I set to 6sec.

From memory and discussions here, 6 sec seems to be what I remember it used to do before the protection failed all together...

Willy6 likes this.
  6. Willy6

Using the stop watch feature on my iPhone I'm getting 9.4 seconds.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. w1jim

w1jim I can fix it but good... Subscriber

Here in New England I'm getting 9 seconds - it's probably different in the southern hemisphere though.

rxonmymind likes this.
  8. kevzep

Nice one guys, thanks for that, I reckon thats a bit long to be honest.

On the F2903 board is the protection circuit, C13 is a 10v 470µF electro cap, this is for the time delay, if you were keen, you could swap that out for 330µF, that will have it turn on quicker, the one I had here was 13sec after I got the circuit going again, and the 330µF took it to just over 6sec. So it will probably get your ones down to 5sec, which is also absolutely fine.

Willy6 likes this.
  9. JOMARK911

JOMARK911 Super Member

Nice one Kev. Thanks. I had some troubles with mine too in the past. I had to swap the electrolytics and it came back.
    BUT the 4 ohm or even 6ohms operation is not assured , if you go by the book. As you said it needs some adjusting .
    I have modified mine with 8 output transistors 2x33000μf per channel , stock drivers , and it is a real beauty. BTW the outputs have fitted are quite fast ones , something like 2911's or something like that.

10. kevzep

I used my JBL L7's on the G22000 when I had it, they are 6Ω, I never had any issues, maybe I just got lucky.
    When I get another G22000 I am going to do the same thing, add another pair of output transistors. What that will do is give it more current capabilities and handle the lower impedance loads easier. Wont give it any more power though, limited by the rail voltage.