The great noodle heist

Who leaves a whole trailer load of food sitting in a store parking lot for days anyway? Weird. Were they going to unload all of those into that store? That's a lot of noodles. OTOH college is starting up for fall semester!

Who leaves a whole trailer load of food sitting in a store parking lot for days anyway?

Generally you can blame the brokers/dispatchers for that. I used to work on the shipping end of a warehouse. We'd tell the broker that the load would be ready on Friday, and they'd send the truck in on Wednesday. Same happens for unloading.

Aha, I can see that. Plenty of chaos as a result I'm sure. Kinda like the railroads doing a 'midnight push' of cars from their yard to the other RR's yard because they're counted as not being there at all the next day if you shove em across the line before midnight, whereas the other guy gets counted for having them on his track that day, starting at 12:01, no matter how fast he gets rid of them.

Who leaves a whole trailer load of food sitting in a store parking lot for days anyway? Weird. Were they going to unload all of those into that store? That's a lot of noodles. OTOH college is starting up for fall semester!

The Hy-Vee here has had pallets of Gatorade stacked up in the front parking lot for months. Apparently someone REALLY screwed up an order, and it's taking them forever to get through it.

Back
Top Bottom