The Greatest 9090DB in the World

BeatleFred

According to the Seller's description (where he's not in the least bit shy about extolling its virtues, considering the frequent use of words such as "mint", "perfect" etc.. :) But hey, the 9090DB is a beauty and a fabulous receiver (certainly dig mine which also is in great condition) so I guess I cant blame him though the bottom line sounds like he hopes for some vigorous bidding so that he'll get top $$ for it.

If someone wants to be cruel, they can email him and say they loved reading his description but decided to pass on the auction because, while the receiver itself is definitely perfect & pristine, the orig shipping box has a few scuffs on it, that to a perfectionist buyer is unacceptable. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3033046508&category=3279

B/F.

First Bid

I'm the leading bidder.;)

It does look nice. Hey BF you and l could get in a duel in .25 cent increments. :D

Of course that's if you are "MAN" enough.:eek:

Your move.

I feel like I just sat through a 9090DB Infomercial!!! :lmao:

That would be a heck of a nice score though. Love all the original paperwork, etc...

Moonie

The box and warranty card have matching serial numbers? :eek: :jawdrop: :ntwrthy: It must be just me but i thought that the serial number on the box usually matches the one on the equipment.

It even has the original plastic tag hanging on the dolby knob. You dont see that too often. Out of curiosity...how many of you with 9090db's have that tag?

WOW! That is saawwweeet to be sure. I think I'll throw my bid in just to yank bigmacc's chain <snicker> :nutz:

Interesting how the Seller didnt put a Reserve price on it, does that mean he has confidence that the bidding competition will give him the price he'd like to get by the time the Auction ends? I dont think he'd like to see a museum quality piece sell for only a little over $150.

And another thing: While he does write alot in his description, he doesnt mention anything about who owned it- him or someone else and where its been for the last 'quarter of a century' (in accordance with all those service centers that he suggests are long gone since the Neanderthal days of 1978- and hey, if he would show the serial # it could go back even further to 1977)

B/F.

I'll also be very curious to hear how it performs from whoever the winning bidder is. There is alot of controversy & opinions about electronic components and how they age over the years to the detriment of the receiver's performance/reliability- or they might not to that much of a degree- that's the controversy.

Well, if this rare specimen of a 9090DB has been sitting new & unused in an box for the past 25 years, I'd love to know how it'll perform when put into regular service. Will the receiver realize that it is now 2003 and not 1978? :) Is the tuner still in alignment?

This particular unit is a hi fi archeologist's dream! Observing how it performs can provide us with many answers to the controversial topics as I mentioned up above in this message.

Why heck, if this unit has ben frozen in time for 25 years- why not arrange to have it sent to Stereophile's testing lab (or your choice of other hi fi mags) and be put thru its paces in a comparison test with some current 2003 receiver ?? :)

B/F.

Well, I WAS the high bidder:(

Oh, well, guess it's up to others now.

Got high fairly quickly- I believe it will go for a pretty penny by the end.

Back
Top Bottom