The greatest Soundtracks ever

How'd I forget Crossroads ??? :confused: :oops:

I'll add another to mine,the teen stoner rebellion cult classic "Over The Edge" (1979).
Cheap Trick,The Ramones,The Cars,Jimi Hendrix,Van Halen,all sorts of classic rock greats in there.

Maybe throw in Tales From The Crypt Demon Night too.
Some really good cuts on that one too.

If any others come to mind I'll stop back and add those too.

Bret P.

Phantom of the Paradise- Sarah Brightman
Exodus by Ernest Gold this was a very liked sound track, and rightly so, plenty of copies in the thrifts, attesting to its popularity.
The sound track to Ben Hur. the 1959 version.
The Ten Commandments.
James Bond Goldfinger
Dr Zhivago
Breakfast at Tiffinanys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnqnlVLK8dA
The Magnificent Seven https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IBC9D1wfbc

I am enjoying the sound track to Dracula by Philip Glass, I wouldn't call it the best, but it is really nice.

Last edited:
Remembered another one,not sure if it's been mentioned yet (not gonna check again either,LOL) but the soundtrack to the "Live And Let Die" is another great one.

FWIW

Bret P

I thought I read somewhere that "Conan the Barbarian" was the best soundtrack ever....

Growing up, it was "The Sound Of Music"......

I have dug out FM and Heavy Metal and listened to them.
I do have the Conan CD but don't fire that up much anymore.

Here's a few soundtracks
I didn't see listed probably because they aren't the greatest all time but ones I still have on CD and still enjoy.

Spawn
Godzilla
X-files

I have dug out FM and Heavy Metal and listened to them.

I was going to mention FM, but you beat me to it. I listen to that on an a regular basis.

I'm not sure if they qualify as greatest, but a couple other soundtracks that are good compilations are American Pop and Almost Famous.

American Graffiti has been mentioned several times, but I'll also add More American Graffiti. The movie is a real stinker, especially compared to the original, but the soundtrack is quite good.

We listen to a lot of musicals and soundtracks around here! Those not yet mentioned:

Hair
Chess
Grease
Singing in the Rain

JimmyCliffTheHarderTheyComealbumcover.jpg

Back
Top Bottom