The HD 880's are calling me

Zappafan

Well the HD 880's that I went to look at a while ago are trying to make their way into my life. I went to look at these a while ago but the price tag of $600 Canadian was to high for me. They are mint . No marks anywhere that I can see. The gentleman that has them has now offered them to me for $200. I really don't need another set of speakers but these would hook up to the 2275 I just got and make a nice system. What to do?:scratch2:

Zappafan said:
Well the HD 880's that I went to look at a while ago are trying to make their way into my life. I went to look at these a while ago but the price tag of $600 Canadian was to high for me. They are mint . No marks anywhere that I can see. The gentleman that has them has now offered them to me for $200. I really don't need another set of speakers but these would hook up to the 2275 I just got and make a nice system. What to do?:scratch2:

If they are mint and only $200.....get 'em! That's a good deal! :yes:

Well I guess I'll find out in a few days if I'm getting them. He is having a guy from a stereo shop come by to set up his new surround system. I was hoping to be able to pay for them in advance so as to firm up the deal. I guess the only reason I'm not all nerves is because I really don't have the room for another set of speakers. I'll let you all know if I get them or not and pics if they join the collection.

That would be like buying an once of gold for a hundred bucks. I don't care if your a chanucke or a cheese sniffing surrender monkey :D . 200$ for mint HD-880s is a no brainer. I have a pair of HD-660s which I just happen to have blown up 3 days ago and I wouldn't sell them for 200 bucks.

:dunno:

Well I went over today and paid for the speakers. He asked if he could use them for this week as his HT wasn't set up yet. He did get some nice little JVC speakers with the wooden cones. I will take a couple of pics once I've made room for them. Looks like the 901's have to go as well as the Mach 1's. I need to get some space back so the "wall of sound will be a set of smga's, SPX 11,000's and the HD 880's. I'll use a small set of Altec's for the rears for the 4300.

To me the 880's are the most desirable Marantz speaker.Wish I had a pair.For $200 and in mint condition i would have snagged them quick.I have gotten most of my speaker collection from the thrifts and they usually aren't mint as I see most speakers get banged around somewhat.

Most of my speakers have come from thrifts or auctions as well. I heard these when I first looked at them but they were hooked up to a low end Yamaha and he didn't really crank them up. I think hooked up to the 2275 they should sing. Now to make room.

Back
Top Bottom