The Holy Grail for Sale

Negotiableterms

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Subscriber
Last edited:
Man alive, only to be a rich man. Hard to believe these are for sale. If I was within 500 miles of them, I would go rent a listen.
Vito

I heard a set of these driven by a Carver Silver Seven Tube amp and I weeped that day since nothing will ever compare to that experience.

Sigh ... some day, some day I'll get me a pair of those.

I don't understand the reasoning behind separating the amps from the bass towers, they need each other to work properly thanks to the servo mechanism. If someone buys just the amps, then the seller's going to have a much harder time selling the speakers themselves. :nono:

I wonder ... if we could go into a group buy for these and share the speakers? Say, 6 months enjoyment time per person? Yeah, just dreaming.

- JP

drz01 said it right. Once you've heard these, nothing else will ever compare. :music: :yes: These are the one set of speakers that if I ever got them, would absolutely END my pursuit of "better sound" in speakers, forever.

I'd die for a set of these, if it didn't mean I'd be too dead to listen to them afterwards. :no: :thumbsdn:

I'd steal a set of these, but I can't, because I can't even lift them. Besides, it would bring "bad Karma" :nono: , which might get me kicked off the audiokarma board.

I'd kill for a set of these.... hhhmmm, anyone want to put a 21K contract out on somebody? No, forget that option, too. Really bad karma again. :nono:

Well, I'm glad at least to see that they occasionally change hands. Gives me hope that one day, some day.... <big sigh>

After much consideration, I have decided that I'm willing to sacrifice a great deal of space and "store" these speakers for anyone who purchases them until such a time that the purchaser has been able to build a dog house big enough to set these speakers up. The duration may be otherwise spent buying bribes for the wife and the like to increase the perceived WAF of the IRS Vs.

My promise is to properly "store" and protect this system with regular "testing" to prevent stiffening of the suspensions and like deterioration that comes with long term disuse. I might, however, have need to string a hammock between the towers so I have a place to sleep.

Don't pass my offer up, I might change my mind.

- JP

Isn't there a natural law that states that
WAF = ($paid)^2 (mass) (1/uglyfactor) ?

Those IRS's win big time :D

(oh, uglyfactor is on a scale of 1-10 only....Ken's rule)

Charivari said:
After much consideration, I have decided that I'm willing to sacrifice a great deal of space and "store" these speakers for anyone who purchases them

- JP

JP,

I´m overwhelmed by your generosity. :headscrat
This is the AK spirit at its best. :D

Jorge

hifi_nut said:
JP,

I´m overwhelmed by your generosity. :headscrat
This is the AK spirit at its best. :D

Jorge
Thank you, Jorge. I'm glad someone finally appreciates the offer. :thmbsp: I've made it before, but always my generosity is ignored. It's no small thing for me to give up most of my listening room (and subsequently enrage my neighbors with the sound/bass) just so someone else can lay claim to owning one of these dream machines. Shame noone's taken me up on it. :sigh:

- JP

Charivari said:
...Shame noone's taken me up on it. :sigh:

Not a shame at all. We're all turning you down to avoid ruining your academic record. Let's face it, if a pair of IRS Vs turned up in your living room, you'd ignore your classes completely and flunk out.

Hmmmph... some people just can't see a favor when they get one. :D

Big money

My buddy has these now. . .used to have those. . .I like these better but at 85 grand for the pair. . . .

Attachments

• dynevi1.jpg
    dynevi1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 30
gyusher said:
My buddy has these now. . .used to have those. . .I like these better but at 85 grand for the pair. . . .

Dynaudio Evidence Master... wow Guy, you're hanging out with the high end!

Negotiableterms said:
Dynaudio Evidence Master... wow Guy, you're hanging out with the high end!

My friend is a 50 some year old single guy who was never married and has plenty of money. His father was a very prominent Doctor who died many years ago leaving him and his twin sister a bunch.

He calls his audio system his 'Iron Mistress'. . . Actually the guy is very frugal but he does appreciate quality. A speaker builder by hobby he was always using high dollar Dane drivers until he couldn't get them anymore and he always wanted the real deal after building his clone of it so many times.

I was truthful when I mentioned he had those big Infinity's. . .I'm not exactly what their model was but they looked identical. . .

I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours listening to both in various states of mind and I have more experience listening to the Danes rather than his earlier Infinity's. . . I'm here to tell you that regardless of what you say about not hearing any difference past a certain dollar figure that you do hear a difference be it in your head or wherever. . .

They are sho-nuff hair raisers. . .I could listen all day, night whenever. . .

BTW. . .He always liked my 'budget' systems too. . . I think it was more because of the company. . .My house was bigger but his was better. . .

gyusher said:
...I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours listening to both...

You are now the envy of all but a handful of AKers. MasterLu may be the only one whose speakers can materially better the IRS Vs and the Evidence Masters are arguably fair competition for his XRT-2Ks, at a similar stratospheric price.

For the rest of us mere plebes, we yearn for the unattainable.

Back
Top Bottom