The instructions must be worth $5,000

swechsler

Frog Whisperer
Or maybe it's the Saran Net (I have no idea what this is) maintenance. Either way, I doubt you're going to make any sales at this price, even if you do include free shipping...

s-l1600.jpg

I almost posted that same auction yesterday.
But seeing it's in Japan maybe that price is "justified" there?
Have seen many stories of how vintage gear is highly sought after overseas.

That seller “skillful sailor japan” posts a lot of overpriced gear. He has a lot of high end speakers though. Seems he has a large HiFi shop.

I looked through his completed sales once, and he rarely sells anything.

I think maybe he just uses eBay to advertise, and makes a lot of off site sales.

It is called free advertisement, if you contact him, he will have a chance to talk you into buying his stuff. Certainly not 5000+ but also not cheap EBay price

I work with an exporter occasionally. Basically, he buys a minivan full of my stuff for about 70% of my asking price. I get 6 sales done in an hour and he pays in cash. Apparently he has multiple shipping containers going out of the port or Tacoma to Asia and he drives up and down I5 buying vintage American Audio gear. He’s not super picky either! He has bought some ugly stuff from me.

I would love to know his profit margins, as I am usually pretty good with pricing and even at 70% I’m not the cheapest in town. He must be selling this stuff for a fortune in Asia.

Way back when eBay was young I sold an Eico ST-70 (for way less than it's worth today) to a guy in Korea (IIRC). He ended up paying several hundred for shipping. I can only imagine what he resold it for.

Yeah, the free advertising bit makes sense, although one would think that the advertising would be even better if the prices were a bit lower.

Back
Top Bottom