The Job

Toasted Almond

RIP 1952-2016
In case you thought YOUR job sucked....

I am walking out the door right now, for a 2:50 AM brieftime, and a 4:50 AM take-off. Sleep tight you lucky bas*%rds!

Toasted Almond

Lucky You

You got it made.;)

Here l am having to go to bed with a woman who only wants wild sex.:eek:
(I wish):p:

Actually just picked up my daughter and boyfriend - they will not drink and drive. I'm tired but they're safe' hey life is good.

Take care of yourself Toasted.:)

I have spent 16 hours per day, for the last three days driving the Assisting Officer for Sgt. Short's funeral. He was killed by a landmine last week in Afghanistan. He was given a full Military Funeral, "21 gun salute" etc... RIP my military brother.

RIP indeed Bolly. Hope he didn't leave little ones.

Yeah, I'm real fortunate. I get to fly around the world. I am stinking sick and tired of it. 27 years worth of sick and tired. The only place I want to visit on a regular basis these days is my back yard. This mornings mission was the D.C Combat Air Patrol refueling support. Refueling F-16's right over D.C. I conducted 12 air refuelings today, and number 11 was NOT a lucky number. Zorch tried to fit his F-16 into the tanker by way of my sighting window. The first real breakaway I've called in about 5 years. I'm getting much too old for this crap. 4 more years... 4 more years.

Bully,

Full tank is a lot safer than an empty one. Those fumes man, those fumes.

Toasted Almond

Last edited:
So true, Toast! Now, have a nice nap. I can see getting zoned out in that comfy chair in front of the Amazing's ... yow-zah!

Originally posted by Toasted Almond
In case you thought YOUR job sucked....
Toasted Almond

well... the difference between being married 10 years and havng a job 10 years - the job still sucks....

CK

MillerD,

I will be 51 next month. I am NOT in the Air Force, and never have been. I am a federal employee. A condition of my federal contract is that I maintain membership in the New Jersey Air Guard. THAT is where the gov't. has me militarily. We get called to active duty now, if somebody SNEEZES. The Air Guard provides about 50% of the U.S. military's air refueling capability. Can't have a decent war without tankers, and most of the tankers are ... in the Air Guard.

I can get a full federal retirement pension at age 55. I don't care how big the person is, whoever is between me and the exit door when I turn 55 is GOING DOWN, with size 8 1/2 foot prints right up their body. GRUMPY wouldn't stand a chance if he was in that doorway, that's how bad I want out of this crap. I have been doing it for 27 years. I don't want to go to any more stinking wars, or foreign countries where they have diseases that they haven't even figured out names for yet. I have about 8,000 hours in the KC-135E tanker, and have never heard of a regular Air Force boom operator who has more than 6,000. They don't use the term "weekend warrior" when they talk about me. I want to be out of this job before I reach 8,760 hours. I don't want to think I spent an entire year of my life hurtling through space in an aluminum tube.

I get a nice big Air Guard retirement pension at age 60, in addition to my fed pension. Then there's social security at age 62.

Toasted Almond

Back
Top Bottom