THE Kenwood KA 9100 !!!

bbopman1

OK...I know I left a post a few days ago about the Kenwood KA 9100...I have to say Im still freaked out by the astounding difference in detail,authority,musicality,dimensionality...as well as the warmth factor...from my Yamaha CA 1010...which I still feel is a nice sounding, solidly built amp...but the Kenwood (to my ears)...is just in a whole different class...I guess it isnt just the companies marketing department's imagination...the DC power and seperate power supplies really do make a huge difference...again,everyone's ears are different and I dont want to incur the wrath of any Yamaha fans...it seems I remember that when I was a young dude just getting into stereo back in the 70s, there were several major brands: Pioneer, Sansui,Kenwood,Yamaha, and then of course the upscale stuff ( companies like Phase Linear, McIntosh etc)...and even then I thought Kenwood was special...(of course they built their share of mediocre stuff too)...but their upper end stuff was extraordinary..(The KR 9600 is still like the quintessential 70s receiver..my apologies to Pioneer fans...I know there were some beautiful Pioneer receivers as well..but they werent to my ear, as MUSICAL..even though again they had gobs of power and features)..I remember loving the KA 9100 (and its little brother the 8100) when I first heard it when I was a kid...and now,hearing this amp again,after all these years and all the gear Ive owned...Im again reminded that this company really built some truly wonderful stuff...(back then)...now, I guess theyre pretty much out of HiFi and just building car stereo and home theater....oh well...Im done...

Yes, the KA 9100 is indeed a very nice amp. I recently bought one, a Trio KA 7700D - its Japanese counterpart. I've read on other posts here that the phono stage is one of the best there is, since I don't have a TT yet so I can't vouch for that but in my CD player, tuner and cassette deck, it sound really good. Congratulations and enjoy the music!

Congratulations to you as well Sir. Im hearing detail in the music that I swear Ive never heard before..this in LPs Ive listened to hundreds of times...

Im literally sitting here going "Oh My God" I never even NOTICED that before...Its freaky...would love to see pics of your KD 7700D...I dont think Ive ever seen that one!...ttyl...bb.

Attachments

• dscn0424.jpg
    dscn0424.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 514
  • dscn0425.jpg
    dscn0425.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom