THE Kenwood KA 9100 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbopman1

OK...Im re-posting this w/ the name of the amp as I think I may have a beter chance of you guys actually reading it LOL..I know I left a post a few days ago about the Kenwood KA 9100...I have to say Im still freaked out by the astounding difference in detail,authority,musicality,dimensionality...as well as the warmth factor...from my Yamaha CA 1010...which I still feel is a nice sounding, solidly built amp...but the Kenwood (to my ears)...is just in a whole different class...(any comments, whether you agree or disagree,would be welcome)...I guess it isnt just the companies marketing department's imagination...the DC power and seperate power supplies really do make a huge difference...the detail and soundstaging is MAGICAL with this amp...the phono stage is FANTASTIC..again,everyone's ears are different and I dont want to incur the wrath of any Yamaha fans...it seems I remember that when I was a young dude just getting into stereo back in the 70s, there were several major brands: Pioneer, Sansui,Kenwood,Yamaha, and then of course the upscale stuff ( companies like Phase Linear, McIntosh etc)...and even then I thought Kenwood was special...(of course they built their share of mediocre stuff too)...but their upper end stuff was extraordinary..(The KR 9600 is still like the quintessential 70s receiver..my apologies to Pioneer fans...I know there were some beautiful Pioneer receivers as well..but they werent to my ear, as MUSICAL..even though again they had gobs of power and features)..I remember loving the KA 9100 (and its little brother the 8100) when I first heard it when I was a kid...and now,hearing this amp again,after all these years and all the gear Ive owned...Im again reminded that this company really built some truly wonderful stuff...(back then)...now, I guess theyre pretty much out of HiFi and just building car stereo and home theater....oh well...Im done...

I am just trying out a KA 7300 and am impressed as well. Was just going to be used temporarily as a Preamp, but have liked it so well have been using it as is. Yes there is some nice Kenwood gear out there.

BTW, to eliminate the duplicate thread, go to the edit function and delete one of the threads you started.

Enjoy that Kenny!

If you want to get more people to respond to your thread on your Kenwood KA-9100, post in the Kenwood Forum or have your threards moved to the Kenwood Forum.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Too much uptalk of Kenwood gear will cause a sharp, quick rise in pricing. Then us collectors won't be able to afford it. :D

The KA-9100 is a nice amp and I would have read your post but you forgot to use the enter key to make it easy on these old eyes.

Putting some air between lines makes it so much easier for me to read.

Kinda like the dying medium of newspapers, one statement per paragraph.

Wish I could learn to read where ellipsis function as the major punctuation...it is just not fun and I'm here for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom