The Knife Thread.....

That's a nice looking knife! A small knife that's really big knife. ;) :)

Dave
Im my hand as we speak it's a little larger and a little lighter then I thought it might be.. but yeah a keeper also fits it the pouch of my Orca with the spec op sheath. :thumbsup:
pouch 001.JPG
Best-

Boozehound

Kershaw Link with GFN handle and blackwash plain blade. First Kershaw. Heck, it's the first knife I've bought since I was a pre-teen (pre-Imperial Shrade 881).
index.php
Usually I'm not too crazy about "flippers" in general,but that one ^^^^ looks pretty cool to me.
Definitely like the Kershaw stuff as SOP (have a shuffle EDC myself).

Bret P.

Had a neat little Made In Japan locking blade knife I've carried around for years. Really nice, held a nice sharp blade. Forgot to take it out of my pocket when we went to Disneyland, and it was too far to take it back to the car.

Dammit!!

Had a neat little Made In Japan locking blade knife I've carried around for years. Really nice, held a nice sharp blade. Forgot to take it out of my pocket when we went to Disneyland, and it was too far to take it back to the car.

Dammit!!

That sucks! Losing a good EDC knife is like losing a friend. :(

-Dave

My dad passed away in 2012 and we are still working on going through his stuff and figuring out what to do with it. He built guns and loaded ammo, built fishing rods and control-line model planes, and just piddled with stuff that interested him. My brother went through some of his stuff the other day and came across this knife. I remember him using it when he was the scoutmaster for our Scout troop. It dates to the time he was a Scout - 1940s.

RH-PAL-36 - made by PAL Blade and Tool Company. One of a number of consumer knives that the US Military bought up and used as GI issue as war broke out in 1941. The initials engraved were from the late '60s or so when he had some rudimentary electric engraver tool - you'll find lots of his stuff with his initials like this.

Some more info on the knife at http://sharky-fourbees.blogspot.com/2018/02/rh-pal-36-ww2-us-fighting-knife-with.html

RH PAL 36.jpg RH PAL 36 close.jpg

Alan

My dad passed away in 2012 and we are still working on going through his stuff and figuring out what to do with it. He built guns and loaded ammo, built fishing rods and control-line model planes, and just piddled with stuff that interested him. My brother went through some of his stuff the other day and came across this knife. I remember him using it when he was the scoutmaster for our Scout troop. It dates to the time he was a Scout - 1940s.

RH-PAL-36 - made by PAL Blade and Tool Company. One of a number of consumer knives that the US Military bought up and used as GI issue as war broke out in 1941. The initials engraved were from the late '60s or so when he had some rudimentary electric engraver tool - you'll find lots of his stuff with his initials like this.

Some more info on the knife at http://sharky-fourbees.blogspot.com/2018/02/rh-pal-36-ww2-us-fighting-knife-with.html

View attachment 1447231 View attachment 1447232

Alan

Your father sounds like a great guy.
His service to the Scouts is appreciated.

I am not much of a knife collector, but loved reading through this thread. Here are two knives I picked up this year.

Marbles hunting knife - mid 50s?
View attachment 1048767
View attachment 1048768

Gustav Emil Ern kitchen knife - 50s, 60s?
View attachment 1048770
View attachment 1048771
Hey
I was just wandering through the older posts and realized the old kitchen knife I've been using is similar to your Gustav knife.
I guess you learn something everyday.
15530136652907642737752476872111.jpg
Eric

Hey all. I'd like to get my grandfathers old EDC knife restored by someone. Can you please provide some suggestions on where to get this done? Thanks a lot for your help. Here's a pic...

imageedit_3_4745457530.jpg

Cammilus is still in business I believe. If they are anything like Victorinox, they should help you out for very little.

Back
Top Bottom