The Last Jedi (Star Wars 8)

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by CT_Ohio, Oct 9, 2017.

1. transmaster

transmaster Addicted Member

Watch the trailers. In one of them he walks into the front door of a saloon somewhere up North out of a blizzard bare chested carrying somebody over his shoulder. Dumps him on the floor grabs a bottle of booze takes a slug and with the bottle in hand walks back out into the storm. This ain’t the Hanna-Barbara cartoon Aguaman.

8F115D0B-3A50-47E9-B7EB-DE466679E224.jpeg

2. Dude111

Dude111 Analogue is Awesome

Wouldnt be a surprise if it was.... Thats all the puppets today can do... TAKE GOLD AND MAKE IT CRAP AND SAY ITS GOOD..... (They have been made to be this way by design - easy control by the elite)

3. mars_volta

mars_volta Super Member

Looking forward to it.

4. slimecity

slimecity Super Member

Can I getta AYYYYYYYMEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN to that.

I mean, I completely agree.

I thought Rogue One was great - once they werent lumbered with feeling like they had to just retell Star Wars all over again - it was nice being liberated from that.

My issues with The Farce Awakens included, the retelling of Star Wars, the crap and unconvincing "tormented bad guy", the crap "tormented stormtrooper with a conscience," and the fact that this chick suddenly had jedi powers WITHOUT TRAINING! Jeez.

slow_jazz and CT_Ohio like this.
  5. transmaster

transmaster Addicted Member

When I watched Force Awakens I have the feeling there was a check list. R2D2? check! 3CPO, Check!, Evil Empire, check! Chewbaca, Check! Etc, etc..... they didn’t do Jar-Jar-Binks so they folded his character into Kylo Ren a singularly underwelming evil guy. But how can you take seriously an evil guy who was evilized by Supreme Leader Snoke, I wonder what they were smoking when they came up with that name. Hmmm Snoke......toke.....:beatnik:
    In action Science fiction movies Marvel Studios rules.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    slimecity and CT_Ohio like this.
  6. slow_jazz

slow_jazz Lunatic Member

Looking forward to Thor, JL, and Star..

I also agree Rogue One was way better than Force.

slimecity likes this.
  7. FONSguy

FONSguy Super Member

I'm Star Wars out. Tired of it all. No good well thought out plots anymore. Seems everything is for the shallow youngsters with nose prints on their smart phones.

invaderzim and Dude111 like this.
  8. dodog

dodog Addicted Member

I'm probably in the minority but I liked The Force Awakens. I watched the original trilogy with my Mom (first SW in the back of our station wagon at a drive-in) and have fond memories of being a kid and being awestruck at the magic of movies. I didn't much care for the prequels, although the last one was OK. Force Awakens reminded me of being a kid, when I could set aside all belief in reality and just enjoy something for the sake of enjoying it, not having to dissect it. It was fun. The icing on the cake was that I got to see it with my two boys, and the enjoyment they, as kids, got from it. It's easy to be cynical, grumpy and uneasy to please (I'm all three myself). Sometimes it's nice to be like a kid and just enjoy something for the sake of enjoying it.

slimecity and mars_volta like this.
  9. Jack Lord

Jack Lord AK Subscriber Subscriber

Well it wasn't bad. Better than the prequels but not as good as Rogue One.

I think Lucas dropped ball from the get go by telling a great story and then taking a long break only to come back and tell the story before the story. Now are back to continuing the original story so many years later.

Hard to maintain any momentum when you jumping around so much.

10. dodog

dodog Addicted Member

Sure, but.....lightsabers! :)

11. Mister Pig

Mister Pig Pigamus Maximus Subscriber

Better then old middle aged guys with dick prints on their smart phones.:eek:

Regards
    Mister Pig

slimecity likes this.
  12. mhardy6647

mhardy6647 AK Subscriber Subscriber

dodog likes this.
  13. datafone

datafone Super Member

I liked The Force Awakens, wanted more but that was as I was enjoying it. i liked some fresh faces in it too, including the droid, but most of all i liked the character Rey.
    Rogue One was OK, I think the reason was it seemed same old same old to me anyway, but i did like it.

Will definitely watch The Last Jedi