The Last Jedi (Star Wars 8)

I'm going with my two sons, age 15 and 20, on Sunday morning to see this. I don't think I've seen a Star Wars in a movie theatre since I watched a back-to-back matinee of episodes 4, 5 and 6. That was a LONG day !

Ye
Boy you watched ALL 3 in one sitting??

Yes indeed was a loooooooooooooooooong day!!

Ah man!!

Yeah the local cinema used to do stuff like that back in the 70s and 80s. One of the best back to back movie sessions I went to was A Fish Called Wanda, followed by The Naked Gun, followed by Airplane. Man, my sides and face hurt for days after that :)

Saw it Thursday night. I walked out of the theatre thinking "That is my new favorite SW movie". For reference, I saw A New Hope at the age of 8, and have been a casual fan of the franchise ever since. Disregarding the HORRIBLE Episodes 1-3, I've liked them all. Empire Strikes Back has been my favorite for a long time, but this new one.... WOW, it was awesome. I highly recommend it.

Just got home from the theater for this one. Really enjoyed it. I remember jumping in a college buddy's van in Storm Lake, Iowa in 1977 and driving to The Indian Hills theater in Omaha, Nebraska to see "A New Hope". The Indian Hills theater was HUGE and had a top flight sound system, and we didn't want to watch that one on a dinky small town movie theater. I've seen them all multiple times. Always go to see them in the theater first, and then watch them at home on TV, Netflix or Amazon. Watched "The Force Awakens" on Amazon this morning to prep for "The Last Jedi".

I saw it Saturday night. I enjoyed it, though there were a few moments I found cringe-worthy. I can see how there are people who would not like it, but there are always subjective responses to some things. (i.e., some of my friends thought one scene went on too long while another thought it could have used more).

It is one I want to see again, just to check what all I missed on first viewing.

Just saw it Sunday, wife and I thought it was the best movie since the original three. I will say that it is one that you have to see on the big screen.

Jeez these mixed reviews are everywhere and they make it DAMN HARD to know if this movie is worth watching or not!

I recommend seeing it in one of the 3D formats. It's 2 1/2 hours long so don't drink too many fluids before seeing it. :)

I thought it was much better than the force awakens and the ending is really cool. :banana:

Had to mention my favorite scene in the movie..............................................

.............when Finn is stopped from blowing up the death laser by Background Character.

"Don't fight to kill, fight to save the people you love"
*explosion in the background killing hundreds of people they just failed to save*

Will watch it from the comfort of my home when practical.I just enjoy and don't geek over movies .Guess I'm a little odd as one of my fav characters is JAR-JAR.Makes me laugh every time I see him.

Saw it today. It was pretty good but I have to see again to really get it. Tired of Kylo. Hes almost as bad as Anakin. Lots of dark scenes.

Last edited:
Not really the home run I was hoping for. Good moments, though. Boy, such a bummer about Carrie Fisher's death last year. It certainly will be interesting to see how they manage that in the script for episode 9.

It was great! I absolutely loved it.

I think that many hard-core fans have become sour pusses about the new movies (not episodes 1-3...those were certifiable garbage that will be treated like the 1980 TV special and buried forever like that one Kennedy sister) is that they are chasing the dragon.

Seeing Star Wars for the first time especially if you were 7-15 years old in 1977 when it came out, pretty much blew your mind and changed everything. Empire was even better, but it wasn't anything like that initial "high" of watching the first movie for the first time. By the time Return came out we were hard core junkies that were never going to experience that first high again, but dammit, we would die trying!

It's not going to be the same Star Wars what with Han killed by his son, Luke evaporating into the ether, and Princess Leia, well, that was a doggone shame about Carrie Fisher.

Methinks it's going to be the Kylo and Rey show from now on.

MannyE my brother watched the first star wars 18 times in the first week or so!

When we were kids living in Queens, my friend's older sister was a ticket taker at a movie theater that was playing Star Wars and we spent an entire summer going almost every day to see it. It was one of the best summers ever!

Back
Top Bottom