The Linn is here!!

ProAc_Fan

Addicted Member
I just got back home from Kam's house in Cheektowaga. I couldn't wait to get my mitts on the Linn table. It is in unbelievable condition and looks like the day it was purchased. I got to quickly listen to Kam's Fischer 500C tube receiver with his big ass horns. All I can say is "WOW". They really blew me away. Next time I'll have to visit when I can stay awhile. I know Kam was gung ho to let me listen to all his toys but I was fighting a wife imposed deadline. And as a nice footnote to the trip I paid zero duties. Kam gave me a receipt for a $100 which I proudly displayed to the young customs officer. I guess he really knows his TT's cause he asked me if it was one of those expensive DJ tables? I chuckled and said " Nah, its got a really low torque motor and no lights. I hope I didn't get ripped off?" Customs guy says well $100 is probably a little much for a non DJ table but it appears to be in nice shape." I shook my head and laughed as I sped merrily home.

Mike

You'll have to come again when you can hang around some more, and bring some of your fav vinyl.

I'll sway you over to the "dark side" yet, Jedi warrior! :D

And I thought you said your wife wouldn't let you have play time when you got home ;)

I've been busy watching the 2 little ones since I got home Kam. I've had to sneak in what little time I've gotten with the table. I'm almost afraid to use it before I have it set up just right. I may have to wait until I can take it to my Linn dealer for proper setup. Something just isn't right. Well gtg, I can smell my turkey basting in the oven.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom