The Lumecube, remote light and flash for smart phones

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I am getting one of these. You can use this from an iPhone using the Lumecube app. The light has a photo cell which enables you to slave it to the flash on your phone, or snap and shoot camera, and with other Lumecubes. Plus it is water proof to 100 feet of water. $79.95 each.

https://www.lumecube.com/shop/lume-cube

CUbe-2.jpg

Last edited:
For less than that price, you can get a Yongnuo flash. It's manual and does slave too. It also has a built in bouncer/diffuser and you can aim it just about anywhere. This this is far smaller, I just don't see myself doing underwater shots with a flash.

For less than that price, you can get a Yongnuo flash. It's manual and does slave too. It also has a built in bouncer/diffuser and you can aim it just about anywhere. This this is far smaller, I just don't see myself doing underwater shots with a flash.

This isn't just a flash but is designed to go with a GoPro camera underwater as a flood lamp they have a handle that mount 2 of these lights and the GoPro in between. Thank for the link to the other one I'll take a look at it.

Oh OK. That makes sense. I've never liked the super wide look of GoPro or other "action cameras". The "flood light" would work against the super wide angle because light just doesn't spread that well in wide directions. You'd have a severe "hot spot" with it getting much darker in the corners. It's still better than no flash/flood though.

I am getting one of these. You can use this from an iPhone using the Lumecube app. The light has a photo cell which enables you to slave it to the flash on your phone, or snap and shoot camera, and with other Lumecubes. Plus it is water proof to 100 feet of water. $79.95 each.

https://www.lumecube.com/shop/lume-cube

CUbe-2.jpg
Ha! Ha! Andy Ihnatko has costs me more money with his recommendations ( which is where I assume you heard about this?). I put it on my Amazon wishlis to do more research on it later. For me, the main upside is that it is small and can just live in my camera bag.

Ha! Ha! Andy Ihnatko has costs me more money with his recommendations ( which is where I assume you heard about this?). I put it on my Amazon wishlis to do more research on it later. For me, the main upside is that it is small and can just live in my camera bag.

Right in one. its small size is also a plus, on My Amazon wish list too. :D :rflmao:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom