The Marantz nudie picture thread! --> post them in here!

Leicalover

Love vintage cameras too!
Hi all,

we all love the look and the sound of the old Marantz receivers, amps, tuners etc.
I think it would be quite interesting, to compare the inside look of these machines as well. :yes:

So, this thread is for Marantz nudie pics! Please post all you have: top inside, bottom inside, details, it doesn't matter. :thmbsp:

OK, I start with a few:

Marantz 2235b:
dscn2260ufkg.jpg

Marantz 2245:
dscn250982nh.jpg

Marantz 2252:
dsc00019cysf.jpg

Marantz 2265:
p1000443d5h0.jpg

p1000442n6pd.jpg

Marantz 2330 european version:
p1000321l4sk.jpg

Marantz 4000:
p10003231orf.jpg

Thanks for posting more!!!

:beerchug:

Here's the bottom side of my 2275 that I got from my neighbor almost two years ago. This unit was left outside on his patio and it sat there for almost 8 years!

Attachments

• Picture 731.jpg
    Picture 731.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 271
Marantz 2325

Very clean Marantz 2230! The 2275 looks incredibly good for 8 years outside! How is it possible?
Thank you. :tresbon:

Marantz 2325:
p1000335paxi.jpg

Details:
dscn2598vx52.jpg

dscn2590bz4w.jpg

:beerchug:

I wasn't totally exposed to the elements. It sat underneath an overhang that extended from the roof, but still for a unit that sat outside, I myself am amazed that it did not rust. I guess maybe the Texas air had something to do with it not rusting, ehh? :) It did have a copious amount of cobwebs inside of it that I had to clean out with my compressed air gun. It's curently undergoing a power supply rebuild at my local tech's' shop, ATM.

Here is my "nudie pics" thread I posted of it back in May.
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=299696

Nude, in the Gym and not even breaking a sweat...

Nude, in the Gym and not even breaking a sweat..

attachment.php

Last edited:
Not mine, sadly - I just rehabilitated it for its very lucky owner. It is one of the very best sounding amplifiers I have ever heard. I was really tempted to paraphrase Crocodile Dundee when I posted the 8B photos: "That's not a Marantz. This is a Marantz!"

That 8B is very nice! :thmbsp:

One of the joys --and frustrations-- of living in Hong Kong is that I pretty regularly get to see and hear those in shops, along with 10s, and just the other day two pairs (yes, four in total!) of the 5 monoblocs, etc... Just wish I could afford any of them! :no: :tears: But they sure do sound nice. :music: :yes:

FWIW, I have never heard a pair of 9s (I have seen 'em in the flesh, though).

OK, I'll stop daydreaming now. I don't seem to have any handy photos of the soiled state Marantzes that are here. Well, except for this one, I guess...

marantzcd40.jpg

marantzcd40innards.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics, guys! This thread is gonna be fun!! :tresbon:

The catraftered 2245 is amazing! For what I see, I admire Toms work. There is a lot of love in it. :D

Here are detailed pics of a very early 2245 with the "golden" chassis:

p1000891g2og.jpg

p100089270nh.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man. This is unbelievable! :ntwrthy::ntwrthy::ntwrthy:

I can only dream about these amps.

Thank you for sharing the photos!

Last edited:
I'll see your 9 and raise you 10.....:D

attachment.php

Attachments

• b_0010b.jpg