The members have spoken! The AK Member of the Year, for 2016 is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something like that, maybe ?

View attachment 880954
index.php

Yes, That's the ticket!! Exactly what I was thinking of, except for our purposes perhaps a virtual one held on the AK server.

Well, we do have the list in each winner's thread, and there really isn't any place to display the plaque, as there is no B & M 'Head Office' for AK. Plaques are being sent out, even one to Chris.

True, true, but I'd suggest it be on the Audiokarma.org opening page, or on the main forums page.

A nice touch would be the winner, a short bio, and some of the best comments from voters or nominators on why they voted for them and the contributions, personality, values, and actions that they did to merit MOTY, plus how it reflects the AK values that we would like members to have. IMHO, sure would go a long way to holding the Karma bar high.

Yes, That's the ticket!! Exactly what I was thinking of, except for our purposes perhaps a virtual one held on the AK server.

True, true, but I'd suggest it be on the Audiokarma.org opening page, or on the main forums page.

A nice touch would be the winner, a short bio, and some of the best comments from voters or nominators on why they voted for them and the contributions, personality, values, and actions that they did to merit MOTY, plus how it reflects the AK values that we would like members to have. IMHO, sure would go a long way to holding the Karma bar high.
Interesting concept. Merits discussion. Thanks.

Glückwunsch Christoph! Da kann ich ja stolz sein dich persönlich kennen zu dürfen. Ich bin nicht so oft hier, bin aber sicher du hast es verdient. :beerchug:

Congratulations Christoph! I can be proud to know you personally. I'm not here so often, but I'm sure you deserve it.

Viel Grüße

Jürgen

Last edited:
Your plaque has been shipped, Chris. How long that will take is beyond my ability to guess.

I look forward to seeing a picture of it.

Remember the charity auction regimental stein? Larry received it about six weeks after I sent it off... :rolleyes:

Looking forward to this plaque, Ernie! :)

I hope it does not take that long, but I fear that it just might.

So here is the latest update, for you, Ernie, for all the other AK members and the rest of the civilized world...

I got a letter from the customs authority, which is not around the corner, but about 100 kilometers away from my hometown. The letter contains a lot of bureaucratic blabla on two sheets. On one sheet is a complicated form that I have to fill out. They say that I can collect a package from them after paying 30 euros clearance charge. (including a 200 kilometers ride???) I decided to phone these rascals, the officer on the line was not very friendly. Perhaps she had a bad sleep last night - I had definitely a bad one, as so often in the last weeks...

O: "Hello! What can I do for you?"
HK: " Hello. I got a letter from you with the message that you won't send the package directly to me. Why not? Why this mess?"
O: "Mess? This is no mess. This is a telephone call....!"
HK: "Okay, so, why do you withhold the package?"
O: "There is no declaration on it. So we could assume that the value of this item is more than 50 euros what requires clearence charge."
HK: "The value is below 50 euros. It is nothing but a handicraft from a close friend!"
O: "How can you prove that?"
HK: (trying to stay cool and polite): "Well - open it. Open it just now"!

The officer gets for the package and opens it.

O: "Ah... I see... Member of the Year 2016 of whatever. Congratulations. The value of that is below 50 euros for sure."
HK: "For me it is priceless."
O: "Okay. We'll ship this package today to your address. Have a nice day."
HK: "Bye!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom