The Military is developing some high-tech ground vehicles....

MaxxVolume

Lunatic Member
There`s some cool stuff going on here. Looks like they might have picked up on the "Active Suspension" concept where Lotus left off....

I didn't know Lotus had an active suspension program. I know that Bose (yes that Bose!) played around with it once. It was very effective, but was deemed too heavy and too expensive.

That is some wild chit, especially the on the fly conversion from tracked to donut tire.

I didn't know Lotus had an active suspension program. I know that Bose (yes that Bose!) played around with it once. It was very effective, but was deemed too heavy and too expensive.

Yeah, around 30 years ago, Lotus was in the process of engineering some very cool stuff....active suspension that reacted in milliseconds, and actually made the car lean into the turns, much like a motorcycle. Never heard anything official about why the program was abandoned, my personal theory is that it was probably eating up the R&D budget at an alarming rate....

Meh,too much crap to go wrong. This was all my guys ever needed.Stick a GPMG,a .50 or even a 106MM recoilless on it and Bobs your uncle:thumbsup:

img_1066.jpg

Back
Top Bottom