The Music Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonefishin

Hello all, let me first say thank you to millerdog and head-fi for sharing this idea with us.

The idea is to ship a box to one another with music CD's. Once the box is shipped to you, you can swap as many Cd's as you want. But, to ensure that the box will grow...you must add at least one additional CD to the box before you ship it. if you take one CD out...you add in two. If you take two CD's out...you add in three...and, if you take no CD's out...you still add one CD before sending it to the next person. For those of you that may have a CD selection that is smaller than the number of CD's in the box...you may swap for an even trade...with no need to add the one additional cd.

There is really no way to predict exactly how this Music Box will work...what selection it will have...or if it will even grow. This idea is based on the honor system and this idea has the opportunity to grow with you as a member...and it will grow because you are a member.

Keep in mind that only Original Manufactured CDs are to be shipped...NO CD-R's. Also make sure that the CD's you swap or add are in good shape and play thru...so no scratched up disks that won't play. All Music is welcome in the Music Box and you can swap a CD of any genre for another of any genre. Try not to add any duplicate CD's into the box. Any CD you put into the box (for swap or trade) should be placed in a zip-lock bag. In this zip-lock bag include with it the CD, the liner notes and the back label. As an option you can also include a 3"x5" card with each cd and write our favorite tracks down so if someone didn't have much time in a week, he/she could check out the suggested tracks. All in all...you will be including basiacally everything except the jewel case. You can save your jewel cases for any CD you take out. Doing this will not only save us room for more music CD's...but also keep the weight down...as we are going to include all our friends overseas.

You can also invite any friends you have to review the Music Box as well...all we ask is that they follow the same rules. Adding one additional CD to the box before it is shipped.

The more people we have start off from the beginning the better! So come on and sign up :)

To "join" the Music Box you will need to send me two CD's (in the zip-lock bags...yada...yada). This will get you added to the list and in rotation. This should be alotta fun :D Whoever would like to be in just post a reply in this thread.

Some information I need you to send me via e-mail.

Name:
Mailing Address:
Phone Number:
AudioKarma moniker:
Your Main E-mail Address:

If at any time there is a change in any of this information...please contact me and let me know. Also note that this information will not be shared with anyone other than for the direct use of the Music Box.

Also, could all those wishing to participate fill in what state they live in in their user profile...thanks!

any questions or comments...fire away.

thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Gonefishin,
I just sent you an email. Let me know where you want the cds sent :)

Oh, and BTW, thanks a ton for coordinating this!!!
You rock!

What happens if at the end there are 50 copies of John Tesh cd sampler? or 45 copies of Zamphir Pan Flute Parade? :D

Originally posted by VinylHanger
What happens if at the end there are 50 copies of John Tesh cd sampler? or 45 copies of Zamphir Pan Flute Parade? :D

lol...good thing we got that no duplicate clause in there :cool: darn good thing ;)

Thatch likes! I will send as many classical as you need to round out the selection. No slouchers or bad recordings either. Tim I could also mail them to you first and let you listen and see if any are still there when it comes round to you. I know you want some big soundinging classical to try out.

Dave...use the e-mail member feature here at AK...E-mail me

Name:
Mailing Address:
Phone Number:
AudioKarma moniker:

Also include the two CD's that you will be sending to me...once I receive your e-mail...I'll e-mail you my address.

once we get all the CD's together...we'll set up a mailing order then get the CD's out.

take care>>>>

ok...so far we got 7 people signed up...I was hoping for at least ten to get started...but it'll still work fine with seven.

But...if you are interested in getting the chance to listen to alotta music and have the option of swapping some CD's you have for others you like better...this is a great chance for ya.

...and the more people we get particpating...the better it is for everyone.

so come on people...join in on the Music Box...sign up and get your two CD's in. If you listen to music...the Music Box is for you!

I'll keep you guys updated on when I receive all the CD's...shortly after I do...I'll set up the mailing list then ship the Music Box out to the first person on the list.

MillerDog...should there be anything I post so we all could keep track of stuff...such as...should we post what CDs we swap out of the box...and possibly do a short review? any thoughts?

Gone,
I think it's cool to post about what we took out, but not what we put in. Ambiguous comments about the contents of the box are okay too.... oh and comments about how the process worked out for each person is good too.
I think there was a member list in the box, but all it was used for was to keep track of the total.
ie;
Millerdog takes 3, adds four- total xx.
Oh, and feel free to sign the box and put in anything else you want. I think I dropped in a cd of Hawaiian Christmas music last time I had the (head-fi)box last. I just wanted to add in something that was close to home:) Next time it passes through my hands, I just may add some cheesy Waikiki tourist souveniers :D
This will be the Karma Music Box, personalize it all you want!
md

Cool...I just got millerdog's Cd's to add to the box.

here's an example of how to package your CD's.

remember...Any CD you put into the box (for swap or trade) should be placed in a zip-lock bag. In this zip-lock bag include with it the CD, the liner notes and the back label. As an option you can also include a 3"x5" card with each cd and write our favorite tracks down so if someone didn't have much time in a week, he/she could check out the suggested tracks. All in all...you will be including basiacally everything except the jewel case. You can save your jewel cases for any CD you take out.

included in the example are the liner notes (in the front of the CD) the back label (in the back of the jewel case) the Cd itself...all of this put into a baggie (ziplock or regular)

Last edited:
shipment #2 came in...has everyone gotten their CD's shipped?

The wife said I can't get rid of her Faith Hill Cd's...so I guess you guys are outta luck :(...or is that me who is outta luck ;)

You guys all done music boxing?
Just found this thread, awesome idea.
Put me in for the next one if I'm too late.
see ya.............

johnT...send me this informations via e-mail

To "join" the Music Box you will need to send me two CD's (in the zip-lock bags...yada...yada). This will get you added to the list and in rotation. This should be alotta fun Whoever would like to be in just post a reply in this thread.

Name:
Mailing Address:
Phone Number:
AudioKarma moniker:

If at any time there is a change in any of this information...please contact me and let me know. Also note that this information will not be shared with anyone other than for the direct use of the Music Box.

Also, could all those wishing to participate fill in what state they live in in their user profile...thanks!

Sorry it took me so long to get it straight but there are 11 CDs on the way to Ill for the box. A good amount of this is classical and is for eddification as much as trade as I realize it is an area that is hard to learn things about. There is some of most styles from Baroque onward. Included it an exellent recording of parts of the Tchaikowsky Gala in Leningrad celegrating his 150th birthday or some such. On it is the very best rendition of the 1812 Orveture I have ever heard with the cannons being Russian howitzers and the bells are of the churches in what is again St Petersburg. I am hoping that this can stay as part of the collection as I would like everyone who wants to listen to it to get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom