The Music Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in. Sounds like a great idea. One simple suggestion: why not take the "keep" option out. If everyone who used the Music Box would just add a cd or two, the collection would just keep growing and growing.

My e-mail info is on the way. Rick

Holy smokes thatch...11 CD's!

I was hoping we would get a wide variety of CD's in the music box...just to keep it interesting. I was also hoping to get some classical CD's in there too...I've been interested in classical music...and I do have a couple...but it's really tough to know just where to start, when you don't know just where to start :p

I plan on putting in some blues and jazz as my ante for the box.

The Tchaikowsky CD will become part of the box...so to speak

Thanks thatch!!!!!

That Russian 1812 piece sounds awesome. Is this box going to keep going round n round? Just that if cds come out on the 1st round some of us will miss the listen. Maybe more than 1 round, someway that when the box comes back to you, take out your originals and put 1 or 2 or 11 back in and keep on going. Eventually the box will collapse when the last cds are taken out. Just an idea.

see ya...................

PS.
my email is on the way.

Thatch, how would you feel about leaving your additions in for the first round at least, then anything goes for round two? In case someone really likes your contributions, they could opt to trade out the second time around. That way, everyone at least gets a listen?
Summertime, you don't have to trade out. In fact, feel free to rip and burn if you like.
I just sent the box out form the other forum I visit. Please guys, NO singles, Remember the liner notes!
How do you guys feel about putting in samplers? NOT as trade outs, but just as extras?
md

JohnT,
The idea is that the box keeps growing. By the second round if you want your two cds back, you still have to put back three:)
Remember, whatever you take out, you must replace with at least as many plus one.
md

I put in Big Band, a female jazz standards etc as well as Beethovan and Handle. One of the Classical CDs (Chandos Label) is not a very good recording but there is a particular cut (Gustenov, Le Mer) which is a storm at sea and others I had duplicates or just hadn't listened to in a while. About the 1812, it is not my favorite Tchaikovsky piece but I think is the most well know and this is a really great performance so I thought everyone should get a chance to hear it.
I know I stuck something in there from the Everest label. This might be of interest because of the recording quality. Everest had some huge tape recorders that used 35mm wide tape that was cogged so it would not slip and the recordings were called Super Analog. They took these recorders and set them up on site in London, Houston etc recording the best conductors and orchestras in the world in the late 50s and early 60s. Sony did 20 bit mapping for digital and the tape hiss is still there if you crank it loud enough. Cool stuff.

Handle??........Handel?........wassermusik for King George I?
For you Thatch Ear I put in a blood-sucker cd. Feel free to remove it. I ordered copies.

hmmm........millerdog
have we met?
ever been to Biggie's?

Off in the morning to buy Ziplocs.

Is this week of box possession a hard and fast rule?

see ya..................

Am I to late? I've can pitch in several. If I've missed the original shipping point, what about sending them to the first or second guy on the list. Let me know where to send these.

Originally posted by Wardsweb
Am I to late? I've can pitch in several. If I've missed the original shipping point, what about sending them to the first or second guy on the list. Let me know where to send these.

Wards...your not to late. E-mail me the information above (name add and so on).

WE will ALWAYS be accepting new people into the AK Music Box...anytime...from anywhere in the world.

If you want to make the first round of the Music Box have your CD's in before February 15, 2003...After this time the "mailing order" will be made and the box will be shipped out shortly after that. So, if ya didn't get your CD's sent yet...GET THEM IN THE MAIL!

After the 15th you can still join at any time. Just e-mail me the same information as described in the above posts...you can then send your CD's to me...and you'll be added to the list on the next round.

(for those who are signed up) Remember, Keep all your information current. Such as your mailing address, e-mail address and so on...if you change it...just let us know so we can change it here too. That way we can keep you up to date on current information and e-mails.

Take care all....and get them CD's in ;)

Handel and it is the Royal Fireworks and a great recording on Vanguard. I am keeping the Trevor Penneck with the English Concert version.
What is it about the bloodsuckers that is so good you have me pegged for it?
When is this thing going to get on the road and how long do we get to keep the box? Maybe it should go to Hawaii first, bounce back and forth in the lower 48 then across Canada. Those island boys seem to always get things last.

I FedEx'd a dozen or so CD's from Sade to The Bue Man group ( those are the guys in the Intel commercials ). A double CD from New Order, Django Rienhart(sp?), The Bottle Rockets and YO-YO MA to name just a few. As we say down her in Texas - Ya'll Enjoy.

What a fantastic idea! My email info is on the way to you now. I'll send my CD's in when I get your reply email with your address. This will be almost like waiting on Christmas waiting for the Music Box to make it to your door!

Ken

Silverfan...I just sent you an e-mail...thanks

JohnTson...holy smokes ...thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wards...just got your Cd's today...this is going to be good:) Oh, the wife has seen the blue man group when they were in Chicago...she went with her people from work...so I didn't go :( But she, and every other person that has seen them say the same thing when you ask what the show was about...or what was it like...they all say..."you know...well...maybe a little...you really need to just go see it to know what it's about"

anyway...We have gotten a good number of CD's in so far...if you haven't sent yours in yet...get them in before Feb 15. At this time we've got 35 CD's.

takke care all>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi guys.

I just sent out a reminder to those that haven't gotten their CD's in yet...if you didn't receive it...then I have already received your CD's.

Things are looking pretty good for the Music Box...we've got a good variety of music in there...and the total CD's so far is 35 CD's! Which brings me to a question for everyone. Because we are going to be starting this off with so many good CD's right away...Should we make this first inaugural round no trades? My thinking is, that I'd like all of us who are starting this out to get a chance to listen to all the CD's. I know once things get going that someone can trade in (or add) a cd and it be taken by the next person...and that's fine. But, I'd like everyone to get a chance to listen to all of the first collections. Thatch, so far, is the only person who has a designated as part of Music Box CD...this CD will not be able to be traded for, and will stay in the Music Box for everyone to listen to. If we do do this...this will be done only for the first round.

This is just an idea I had...and we, by no means, have to do this...I'd love to get your thoughts on the matter. If you have any comments please post them at http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3594&perpage=15&pagenumber=1 Which is the Music Box thread...this way we get everyone's thoughts on the matter.

just a thought...thanks for listening
Dan (gonefishin)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message was e-mailed out to everyone who has signed up...if you didn't receive this e-mail please notify me. thanks!

Ok guys...I'm getting all the CD's put together...there are some cool CD's in this thing! Thanks everyone :D !

I did have some problems with my OS and hardrive...but, I'm back up and running...but it will take me a little bit of time to get all my stuff loaded onto this HD. After that I'll get the addys and stuff off of my other HD. I hope to have the shipping order final by next week...and have the music box shipped to ________.

When the box ships...all CD's will be fair game for open trade (except one...thatch's) You will get one week (7 days) to listen to the CD's. After this time you can make an even swap (one for one) for any CD as outlined above. After making your CD for CD swaps (this is how it will always be changing)...you must then add ONE additional CD before shipping (this is how it grows). Enclosed will be a mailing list of the particpants of The Music Box...ship it to the person after you on the list. Please re-read the rules of the box above.

Thanks again all!

Please check you e-mail and get back to me...thanks!

The box is ready to go...and waiting for verification of information (before it actually gets shipped)

the first person to receive the box will be

and the list is........

1. Summertimeblues
  2. TIC
  3. MikeCaldwell
  4. SilverFan
  5. Kamakiri
  6. JohnTson
  7. Tropicalian
  8. VinylHanger
  9. millerdog
  10. DaveM
  11. WardsWeb
  12. Thatch_Ear
  13. gonefishin
    [/list=1]

I sent out an e-mail to each of the participants above. In this e-mail I'm asking for verification of your shipping address, e-mail address and other info. If you received this e-mail please look over your information and get back to me as soon as possible. If you name is on the list and you did not receive an e-mail...please e-mail or PM me with your current e-mail address.

Thanks,
    gonefishin

Last edited:
well...there are still a number of people that haven't confirmed their information yet...but I'm tired of waitin'...the box will ship out this Friday.

summertime blues should be receiving the box any day now.

Could you guys please post here when you receive the box...and when (and to who) it is shipped?

Oh, can someone send me a copy of the e-mail I sent out to everyone? with the addy's on it. I thought my hard-drive would end up being fine...after it's little episode where I had to reformat and reload all my programs back on...well...after I got all my programs loaded up again...and all you e-mails and address typed in again...the %$##in' thing crapped out on me again! I went out and bought a new hard drive...but I have to enter in all the info again. If anyone still has a copy of the e-mail I sent them...this will help me out alot.

thanks!

I'll be looking for it........will post again when it arrives. Gonefishin'.....just e-mail the info you want me to print out and I will include it in the box before I send it on......Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom