The Mustard Temple of Yumma-Goochie!

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
To those of us in the world who think of mustard as a holy sacrament, there is heaven on earth. The National Mustard Museum. It isn't just a Museum the online store is like a walking into a treasure vault. Every time I visit there is something new. Sorry KDAC this isn’t going to help your addiction is it.....:naughty:
https://mustardmuseum.com/
Preparing an order Right now...
BF5BD30E-C930-4A47-A79A-7C428C34392E.jpeg

Last edited:
My current favorite.
gallery-1464106427-inglehoffer-mustard.jpg

Mustard is such an interesting flavoring. For centuries after the fall of the Western Roman Empire mustard was one of a handful strong flavors that were available in Western Europe for seasoning foods. Black Pepper both black and long pepper were rare and worth more than their weight in gold. Chili peppers had not made it from the New World yet and the strong spices nutmeg, mace, cloves, etc were mysterious and only seen by Crusaders in the Holy Land. So mustard was the seasoning of choice.

]Here is another on that is popular with the street vendors. Interesting they cannot sell from a cart but have to be on foot.

C089829C-15BB-4ED5-A10A-6B9FE7BD5E9A.jpeg

Last edited:
I just dipped some chicken tenders in some Texas Pete, Honey mustard. This is my favorite honey mustard because it has NO mayo in it. It's not hot either. Just put out by Texas Pete.

It tastes like the garlically Cuban mustards I had down in the Florida Keys. It is wonderful in Cubano Pork Sandwichs. It would be magical in a South Carolina mustard based BBQ sauce.

http://www.plochman.com/products/

scroll down to "explore our varieties".

Last edited:
Plochman's has a couple of other mustards I have and are excellent. On hotdogs, brat's, or pork spareribs simmered in sauerkraut, smack-yo-lips-mama.
KOSCIUSKO SPICY BROWN BEER MUSTARD
KOSCIUSKO SPICY BROWN MUSTARD

af17a316-9a31-46d1-b6e0-9d9b61681053_1.550a0ff8356a3931f19181e43940c0cf.jpeg

12626cc4-bfdc-466c-a186-891638e0f16a_1.3595821ef464fd3a46e4901ea8c544d5.jpeg

Ahh so the plochmans wasn't at the mustard museum.On the ploch site Chicago fire looks good.

The Chicago Fire is wonderful on Hotdogs. All of these mustards are available on Amazon. However you often find the "factory store" is cheaper.

All the site does is send me to amazon and they only have a couple of varities and one is not chig fire.Interesting,their owned by the Swiss.

Back
Top Bottom