The MX-117 has arrived!!!

Beautiful McIntosh-Polk system.

Not to presume but I would suggest separating the speakers further apart. Soundstage will be improved dramatically.

I realize it needs to be apart more but there is a fireplace to the right and a desk on left that keeps them in that position. I am going to remodel room in the spring and get rid of desk to get more space but with sixteen foot cathedral ceilings....it helps bunches....:) If the sound gets any better, I may just never leave this damn room!..lol

No earthquake territory here unless I eat bean soup....:) No kids or heathens here so not much to worry about. Not a permanent set-up as I just stuck the RTR up there to day to test it out. Got an hour and half of music recorded at 7.5 speed and sounds really good despite not using 15. First chance to use it since it was given to me this fall.

You have a good place to buy ten inch recording tape?

No earthquake territory here unless I eat bean soup....:) No kids or heathens here so not much to worry about. Not a permanent set-up as I just stuck the RTR up there to day to test it out. Got an hour and half of music recorded at 7.5 speed and sounds really good despite not using 15. First chance to use it since it was given to me this fall.

You have a good place to buy ten inch recording tape?
Man is that stuff ‘spensive...

After waiting for six looooong months, it came yesterday from Tom. It is like brand friggin' new! It is the perfect match to the 2205. The tuner is badazz as it is bringing stations in with a clarity of a CD. I can't be any happier with this item. Love the three button equalizer...and it's gorgeous!...:) Thanks again Tom!
View attachment 1086508 View attachment 1086508 View attachment 1086510

Hey, just bought a MX117 on ebay. Wondering what you had done to yours when it was in for service. Also, where did you have it serviced? Looks great, Thank you!

I installed a few and friends owned some also. They all sounded great to me. They worked really well with the 7200 and 7300 amps from the same period. I liked the precision tracking volume control earlier MX series didn't have. The three band tone controls were a big improvement.

Hey, just bought a MX117 on ebay. Wondering what you had done to yours when it was in for service. Also, where did you have it serviced? Looks great, Thank you!

Bought it from Tom Manley who sells them...but goes over everything before he sends it. Was so busy, I had to wait six months for him to get to it before he sent it. But he had a year warranty so worth it. It came mint...and still works beautifully.

If yours needs service, ask the forum here and see If anyone in your area works on them. Audio Classics also works on them.

Back
Top Bottom