The Name That Album thread

Hints:

1969 Epic LP s/t.

This cat is famous for turning down a gig w/ Jimmy Page's New Yardbirds.

Start googling or check Allmusic.com.

Ken

Hm, at the office for the rest of the morning, so taking a phone/camera shot of one of my LPs isn't possible. Let's see if I can dig up a decent cover shot of one of 'em from the web...

note: I have to step away from the PC for about 2 hours for a lousy lunchtime departmental meeting, so I won't be available to respond to should any be out forward, for a while. Ah heck, someone will know this one anyway.

I didn't recognize the LP cover but found it in a search. I pulled up a couple songs I found on YouTube. Oh man, Mystic, thats painful. Serene was not Serene at all. I think I'm going to have to give it the benefit of doubt and assume it's a low bit rate file on YouTube. LOL.

Last edited:
Here's one that I think may be a challenge just based on the simple cover so I'll give a hint up front.

Clue: I you were playing 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon and wanted to go from The Mothers of Invention to The League of Gentlemen you might utilize the lead member of this band as a connection.

img6737i.jpg

Another Clue: Most members of this 80s power pop band are Cincinnati based; and continuing on the 6 degrees theme, the lead band member would also be an easy jump to Laurie Anderson or David Bowie or maybe even the Talking Heads.

80s schmaties; I just want to know how you figured out Garrett Lund's Almost Grown cover. You got some kind of image "match & search" software over there? :D In any case, great job on tackling that one, man, and without even a hint. :thmbsp:

I haven't known any at all. Not even close. I was going to have a picture ready in case I solve one, but I realized it's futile.

Ok, that last one maybe obscure. Lets go back a decade while it percs. How about this. at least we get a human figure. Should be real easy for some.

twoiq.jpg

Ok, that last one maybe obscure. Lets go back a decade while it percs. How about this. at least we get a human figure. Should be real easy for some.

twoiq.jpg

Joan Armatrading - Back to the Night

I'll see if I can post another while we're thinking about the red circle thingy.

Back
Top Bottom