The neighbors will never look at me the same.

Heh, those guys are in their 50's now (as am I!)....Robert Fripp digs them.

You've got to be in the mood for them but I like them a lot. Been waiting patiently 11 years for their next album.

Tool is weird for me, Undertow is one of my favorite albums ever but I have never gotten into any of their stuff after that. Sonically, it's dense and impactful and huge-sounding, but lacks some of the songwriting panache of their earlier stuff. I feel like somebody said earlier they dabbled in soundscapes until that became the main attraction.

A Perfect Circle's debut album is still incredible to me and I probably listen to that once or twice a week even now.

not usually my style
but somedays i want angry loud music [ and i'm getting old!]
this may now be in my arsenal

the musicianship is great
the bass and percussion are awsome
the production is top notch
and thats just from youtube crap
gonna find an album

i deffo hear janes addiction in here
Tool rocks - just no escaping it.

I think Tool's like medicine: sometimes tastes awful, but it's good for you.

"Right in Two", below, is perhaps one of their more accessible tracks. The video -- by a French filmmaker not associated with Tool -- is not official but suits it perfectly, though the audio is tolerably faded and restarted to fit the length of the video.

I think I blinked only about four times watching that.

A Perfect Circle's debut album is still incredible to me and I probably listen to that once or twice a week even now.

Absolutely. It's Maynard's "female" side, and for me, BOTH the APC albums are masterpieces. Good call, Roboturner. Oh, and I love the Beastie Boys sig.

I've been a fan of Tool since hearing Undertow when it first came out back in '93 (nearly passed out on the floor of a house full of people I didn't really know, as ya tend to do when you're younger). Great musicianship and the songwriting is right there with it.
I haven't connected with any of the newer albums the same way but I do like them as well. I've honestly never listened to A Perfect Circle. I'm going to fix that now.

I've been a fan of Tool since hearing Undertow when it first came out back in '93 (nearly passed out on the floor of a house full of people I didn't really know, as ya tend to do when you're younger). Great musicianship and the songwriting is right there with it.
I haven't connected with any of the newer albums the same way but I do like them as well. I've honestly never listened to A Perfect Circle. I'm going to fix that now.
Perfect Circle is really good, especially the 1st album..follow ups are great too but the 1st has a slightly heavier edge.

Perfect Circle is really good, especially the 1st album..follow ups are great too but the 1st has a slightly heavier edge.
My co-worker is going to see them tomorrow night.Wish I was going.I didn't James Iha was in the band.Shows how out of touch I am.

My co-worker is going to see them tomorrow night.Wish I was going.I didn't James Iha was in the band.Shows how out of touch I am.
Nice, have heard a few new songs on youtube, it will be great I bet.
I have always been a fan but for some reason never saw them, going on Nov 30th..I'm excited, saw Tool back in June..what a show..did not disappoint.
Yes Iha has been there for a bit..I did really like what Troy Van Leeuwen brought to APC but I'm sure he's having fun with Queens Of The Stone Age..from the clips I have seen James Iha is fitting in nicely.

As far as I know, Tool is the only band of Maynard's that has regular members. His other projects have a high turnover rate, because he picks the musicians he wants for the best results. Both methods have advantages and disadvantages. It's about how you manage them, and Maynard seems to be good at it...

The missus is doing overtime this morning and I had this cranked up. Lot's of light and shade in this track.

Last edited:
P.S.
I have the 10db in line cable attenuators on the Aux in

I have attenuators on my tuner and CD player(s) which match the much lower levels of my two turntable setups.
It's SO nice to switch sources and have little level changes.
But what really is nice: max gain setting on the preamp is very loud-louder than any sober alcoholic would use-but still inside the safety margins of my speakers.
It's reassuring knowing that visitors can't blow things up!

Back
Top Bottom