1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

The new AK is 3 years old now...!

Discussion in 'AK Polls' started by HarmanKardon, Oct 7, 2018.

?

How do you like it?

1. I like it better than the old one

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. It is okay

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. I miss the old one

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

The only thing I miss if I think of the old AK is the message posts list. It would be easier to notice milestone posts if it was still available.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. the_nines

the_nines AK Subscriber Subscriber

The new one has grown on me, I didn't like it at first but that would be normal with anything new. Matter of fact, I hardly remember the old one.

What I miss from the old one is the ability to see if a thread has any attachments in it. Aside from this, all works quite well and pretty user-friendly interface.

Can't think of anything more at the moment, mind you, I only had one espresso so far. :D

HarmanKardon likes this.
  3. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

I didn't like the old PM box because it didn't hold much history. I was constantly having to delete old emails so it would still accept new ones, or arbitrarily delete by age. I haven't needed to delete a single one since we changed and I have a lot more going on in it than before.

I don't miss anything about the old site format, it was to old when we switched. In fact there is another site I belong to that was/is the same as the old one. I gradually stopped posting there because my computers and generally all the changes in internet technology make doing anything there other than writing difficult. I can't post vids or images anymore on that site. This is unfortunate because I like a lot of the members there.

Other than the color tones and it wasn't as contrasting when we changed to the new so I didn't like that. But thats all been fine tuned and we got used to it.

The other thing I don't like and Luther did it for members with old equipment and slow systems. He reduced the image posting size, at first the images were 100% of the box and he cut it to 50%. This was done to speed up page loading for old technology users. Aesthetically and with my vision they looked better at 100% on the page and you didn't need to click zoom it. So we get a 50% view or click the image that can be so huge you can't see it that way either.

the_nines likes this.
  4. the_nines

the_nines AK Subscriber Subscriber

Oh yeah, I also don't like the "insert image" option re-sizing a pic to a smaller version on the new format. I figure with the new format and the talk of more bandwidth that came with it, pictures from our computers can be inserted without compression.