The New Infinity Prelude Forty

LOL, you said a mouthful! lol :D

My problem is, I am by no means an audiophile...

I will like them however they sound, lol

Would be nice to get someone's opinion who knows what they are hearing...

:D

I am out in the Twin Cities, MN, and would gladly make the drive out to Wisconsin to hear them! What other equipment will you be running them with?

I am out in the Twin Cities, MN, and would gladly make the drive out to Wisconsin to hear them! What other equipment will you be running them with?

LOL, sadly, nothing that will make these speakers do everything they can do...

Denon AVR, Denon blu-ray, Denon A/V processor...

You have something, bring it along, lol...

OK: I'm not trying to offend you but I have to ask...

Why the big push to get these if you don't have the ears or the other equipment to make them sing them way they were intended? (your words not mine, I'm not trying to thread crap or flame you!)

Do you have any plans to get gear that will bring the most out of these guys?

All the same congrats on reeling in a big fish! Sounds like it was a tough fight. :)

Enjoy them!

No, it's all good, that is a "fair" question"...

First, I have been an exclusive Harman Kardon and Infinity buyer for years...

Second, these are quite possibly the most beautiful speakers I have ever seen...

I have the full-gamut of Infinity Interlude speakers right now with the built-in 500 watt and 250 watt subwoofers and these new Prelude Forty speakers have DUAL side firing 8" woofers in each - which will be amazing...

I realize I don't have all of the external amps, etc. to really make these things "sing", but I still will be able to get "some" enjoyment out of them, lol... :D

I have no doubt they will sound incredible, and maybe 240sx4u has an idea there! :) Pics when they show please!

I might just have to go back and edit my post, I think my inquisitiveness might have been overshadowed by poor wordsmithing. :tears:

I'm confused. Pologuy, where did you manage to obtain a pair to begin with?

I managed to get a pair direct from Infinity.

In any event, they are beautiful, quite possibly the most beautiful speakers I have ever seen actually.

But as has been pointed out on here, I do not have the equipment to make these flagship speakers sing they way they were intended...

Last edited:
I don't understand what all the fuss is about. There are quite a few amps that "should" drive these speakers and not break the bank. Implying that because he doesn't have the gear therefore he should not keep the speakers seems counter to what this site is all about. The prelude 40 does not seem to require the gobs of power that a vintage rs or irs would require. At least thats what it looks like according to the specs. just my 2 cents.

the XX is in my top 5 amps of all time to own. :yes:

Unfortunately, for me, I am a "new" kind of guy...

Everything has to be new...

Never purchased a used or open box item in my life...

Yeah, I know... blame the parents, LOL :D

Unfortunately, for me, I am a "new" kind of guy...

Everything has to be new...

Never purchased a used or open box item in my life...

Yeah, I know... blame the parents, LOL :D

I can't say I blame you, however you are basically excluding some very good options that aren't available off the shelf in a box.

Well, seriously, what would I need to really make these guys "sing"?

Would this work?

Pioneer SC-09TX

48_1_large.jpg

Are you planning on a strictly 2-channel system? Or will this serve double-duty with home theater? Plenty of great 2-channel options, new or used. Feed those Prelude 40's with a nice integrated amp and CDP and you will be in for a serious treat with a very simple setup. You don't need mega-buck equipment...

Back
Top Bottom