The new phone books are here..

opt80

Subscriber
Actually the "new" Sansui 910 arrived today.It only took 5 days from Taranta or Toronto,depending on what part of Canada
you live in.It is a nice looking amp not as nice as the 505s.
It needs a little work,there is a slide control for volume and it is chocked full of static. Also the loudness button is snapped off but I never use a loudness button .
On another happy note I used double faced mounting tape to
pull out the dented dust cap on the infamous Wharfedales

Hope you all have a good weekend

Cheers

Opt80

Canada Post probably sent your Sansui to Vancouver first for sorting.

Say did they ever make that for TV detective show to satisfy the Canadian content CRTC business? I heard it was gonna be called "Magnum PEI". ;)

Rob

Yes,Rob,It is in the works,former soliciter-general,lawrence Macaulay is playing the title role!! But you can't expect any favors.

Mike Duffy,ctv reporter,and former Islander,will play his sidekick,Duff!!

Cheers

Alan

So on Saturday I brave The xmas rush and go in to Charlottetown to get some contact cleaner for the volume pot of the 910.
I go to Radio Shack in the mall,The Charlotteton Mall,biggest mall on Prince Edward Island (sigh).
No,we don't have any sorry,so I drive to the Radio Shack in Stratford,ask a young man,his reply was "no,we don't got none"
Aha,obviously he is not really from Stratford,his graamar is lacking
so i go home,open up the 910 and used WD-40,seemed to work
got lots of gunk out anyway.Only thing to fix now ,there is a low hum,like feedback as the volume increases,Would my guess that a capacitor is ready to go kaput be correct?

Regards
opt

Back
Top Bottom